Stoneleigh Autojumble dilemma, please read.

Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

I brought a number of parts to the show to sell for other members who could not attend, one of these was Graham Diggle (diggsy) All Grahams items had his name on them and my mobile number so interested buyers could contact me to do the deal. In the end Graham made it to the show on Sunday. Ok get the picture?

I take a call from a guy who was interested in a Black rear valance, I told him that it wasn't mine but the seller Graham was here and I would phone him and pass on the contact details, at the time Graham was quite close to the marquee, so he phoned the potential buyer to tell him he was on his way, the phone did not accept the call, Graham was in the marquee within minutes of my call but there was no sign of the valance or anyone with it in their hand.

I only found this out last night at our meeting, we are sure this is some kind of misunderstanding and can the person who took Grahams valance please contact him or me by pm to arrange payment of £65.

If however the person is not internet savvy and you know him please could you pass on this information.

Thank you for reading

Paul

That's a little unnerving to hear Paul. I hope it gets sorted.

It was a busy Autojumble this year and listening to this and other comments and feedback, we are already planning to tighten the Autojumble processes up to further mitigate any misunderstandings next year.

Back on topic, please do get in touch if you have info leading to the conclusion of this.

I saw someone carry it off - actually it might have been to Members drop off.  No idea who it was and would not recognise him

Could the mods make this a sticky for a week or two please.

It will save me having to keep bumping it.

Ta

I'd like to think if it was a wscc member they would not have walked off with it and if they did misunderstanding the process they would have since made vigorous efforts to settle.

Sadly I suspect it's now long gone but hope not

Have you or Graham checked the call logs on your phones for his number and tried calling him?

Hyah Mark

I was looking after bits for Graham and Glen H as well as my own stuff,

I was receiving so many calls that as soon as one was dealt with I deleted it from my log to keeo it clear for calls that still had to be dealt with iyswim.

I seem to remember see a black rear valance in the members drop off area to as I made a comment that I must get to the show earlier next year as I'd missed the goodies and I think that was around 2.30 to 3.00

I was on duty at the Autojumble on the Sunday from 12-2pm and a little bit on an off after that due to a no show on the next shift, and dont remember anyone taking it whilst I was there

Leaving the valance at the drop-off area kinda seems to me that its disappearance is not malicious.

I did auto jumble from 2-4 don't recall seeing the valance .

This is not really nonsense, could it be moved to another section or links from other sections added? I tend to only view a couple of sections and this is not normally one of them.

I hope the issue is resolved :-)

This is not really nonsense, could it be moved to another section or links from other sections added? I tend to only view a couple of sections and this is not normally one of them.

I hope the issue is resolved :-)

Good point - I think as it was at a show, I'll move it to that area and keep it pinned.

• Like 1