New Fuel Injectors for Seight 3.9

Petemac

Guys in the event I have to purchase new injectors for my Seight can anyone recommend a place to get them from, I have spoken to RPI Engineering but they seem very expensive quoted £380 for a new set is this pricey? I may not need new ones if mine can be cleaned up by Northampton Motorsport who will let me know later today when they call, just thought I would look ahead in case it's the worst scenario

Thanks in advance.

Petemac

Not unreasonable for new ones, given that you need eight of the little squirty things. If you are OK with refurbished secondhand, then I used this guy for the ones on my car (not a V8) and had a good result.  Brand new will give you total peace of mind though.

Jen

Were you planning on having any re-mapping work done on the engine once the injectors have been (re)fitted? If you were, no problem, but if not, just be aware that if you inadvertently changed to a different brand/model injector with a different flow rate, you're likely to need to get the car rolling roaded. This could potentially make a cheap set quite dear!

Thanks Jen,  Dave not re-mapping just old ones back in if they are ok, if I do have to get different ones I will do as you suggest.

Thanks  again.

Petemac

It's worth bearing in mind, lots of injectors are often used in lots of different cars, if you know the make and size of the injector, you may well be able to get them second hand/refurbed more easily than just looking for a Rover V8 injectors.

(It's not too bad a price though, for eight)

• Like 1

Good news from Northampton Motorsport my Injectors are fine so no need to look for new ones that will save a few hundred quid, phew nice to have some good news.

Jen how best to put them back in please? fuel rail or body first? 

Thanks

Pete

Normally easier to fit them to the engine side first, then guide the fuel rail down on to them. I often use a little wipe of silicon grease or similar on the rubber O-rings just to help them slide in a little easier without twisting or dragging out of place.

My advice is not to replace them with any standard v8 injectors or the ones that came with the engine as this us old technology.....I replaced mine with bosch EV6 type brand new injectors that atomise fuel instead of squirting it...not available in UK though but only £350 with import tax.....the difference is astounding smoother running better sound and more efficient injection and power...one of the best mods you can do..Google fiveo injectors on the Web...can dig out bosch number if you are interested....scott

Hello Scot that would be great I will certainly look at that, please send me the Bosch part number if you can, are you still in Stockton? I had forgotten about you we had a chat last year I'm from Stockton, born in Tilery (no longer there now)  then moved to Portrack, hows the beast running? looks stunning. I will give you a bell if I am up that way, perhaps not in the near future though too busy at the moment and off to Hong Kong soon for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the info much appreciated.

Regards

Pete

Here Is the bosch number for the injectors I bought 24lbs 240cc flowrate.

0280 156 013

They work out at 75% duty cycle on my 4.6 v8....they are far superior to 20 year old lucas ones and are a direct swap for the fuel rail and manifold...

Can send you pics if you want to see them installed.

Sure get in touch anytime your near...but sounds like your life is very busy.regards scott.

Ok the latest on the Injectors, I got them in last night took me about an hour a little bit fiddly but used the  tips you guys gave me so that helped a great deal, thanks for that, now if you can help me with the next issue it would be great, so far I have replaced plugs, new leads standard ones in until my Magnecors get here, new coil, injectors cleaned and tested, dizzy looks ok. So now it pulls much better the idle is smoother but still a little erratic engine is not as lumpy as it was, but when I slow down or drop a gear I get popping from the exhaust any ideas what may be the cause? is there anything else I could check, I am off to sunny Wales tomorrow for a spin.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Or is this usual with a V8? and do I need to worry?

Thanks guys

Pete....hope your all enjoying this lovely weather.

Sounds like fuelling on overrun or de-acceleration.

My old hotwire system did this a lot.

If you have a hotwire type system the you could try checking and re-setting the stepper motor position, and checking the 0.05mm play under the throttle plate to the plenum, otherwise not much you can do with an OEM system.

There's also a mixture adjustment on the air flow meter although you will need a gas analyser to set this correctly, use your friendly mot station or garage one if they will let you, and don't forget the air mass meter wires get very dirty and could do with cleaning, use carb cleaner or special mass wire cleaner that is available.

Otherwise get a standalone ECU and get more horsepower and & driveabilty....by ditching the old EFI system.

I have loads of documents if you need them for the EFI systems, send me your email and send someover.

regards

scott

Thanks Scott sent you my email address to yours thanks for you help again.

Regards

Pete

So glad I joined this great club.