RAIN !

Yanto

Today i've learned that:

A.  My Westfield has a mahoosive leak in the scuttle area in monsoon rains - very wet leg!

B.  Spray is forced between the doors and body at elbow position - very wet arm and hip.

C.  I still had a grin on my face!

Ian

• Like 1

Today i've learned that:

A.  My Westfield has a mahoosive leak in the scuttle area in monsoon rains - very wet leg!

B.  Spray is forced between the doors and body at elbow position - very wet arm and hip.

Ian

Hahaha!

I had to get creative to stop the leaking into the footwell (see image).

Foam strip across the top, where the bonnet meets.

Small shields made from aluminium which are stuck down with silicone glue, placed just above every hole that leads to the footwell.

Silicone sealant/glue along the seam between the GRP and the aluminium.

Can't really do anything about wet arms or the water being forced up the screen and under the roof though.

I used to stuff an old tea towel under my elbow

The other issue I found later on was that water goes through the air filters, lands on the trumpets and makes it's way into the auxiliary choke on the front most carb. Never caused a problem, but something for me to be aware of in future :)

And yeah, the fun never stops, even in the rain ;)

IMG_20140329_162458c.jpg

I've removed my roof, doors and windscreen

I don't notice the leaky footwell any more now I'm sat in a puddle when it rains

Sorted ;)

• Like 1

I use a towel to dry the seats and water proof trousers and cagool. I will have to get some goggles though as the rain whacks me in the eyes coming off the top of the windscreen. Saying that not been out today in the hail. Busy work period at the moment and I have to carry paper which mustn't get wet.

It's the only car I've driven (in the rain) where I can pump and blow bubbles

Ugly smelly and rash generating !

Bob

• Like 1

Today i've learned that:

Ian

Well,   you are a new boy on here and found out another joy of Westfield ownership. :yes:

get a dry suit buddy :-)

I got a drysuit and still got p******** wet through going to Bedford. Seams wernt as good as the £10 price tag made it