Westfield registered as Triumph

AdamJohnson

Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a Westfield and have potentially found one, but it's been registered as a Triumph Stag.

Is this legal?..... It can't be right surely?

If it is legal does it present any issues for insurance MOT etc?

If I was to buy the car, could I re register the car correctly and what would this involve?

Any help and advise that you could offer would would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

Adam someone will be along soon to help - and welcome :-) 

Years ago it was common to use the v5 from donor car , my last westy was rs2000 on v5 but most were cleared up in gov amnestys years ago. A stag is iffy as its doubtful it was ever the donor.

More knowledgeable people will advise im sure

i've been reading a similar thread on Piston Heads recently, more to do with engine swops but also included discussions about cars being registered as different cars. It boils down to whether the car the V5 relates to can actually be proved to be the car the it is now, DVLA apparently require an independent Engineers report on the car.

Triumph Stag - Westfield looks dodgy.  I would think it is probable that the Stag was actually scrapped years ago, and the V5 used on the Westfield by putting the Reg plate on it.

Is it a V8 engined car?

There is a Huyabusa on Ebay - again! which is apparently registered as Triumph Spitfire.

Ian

Personally i wouldn't touch them, If you did buy one then getting insurance might be difficult!

It's a gamble I'm too old to take and a potential sea of hazards.  Or it could be fine.  But there's lots of cars out there that are registered as Westfield.  If it were me, I'd be patient and move on to the next one.  But that's a personal choice entirely.

Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a Westfield and have potentially found one, but it's been registered as a Triumph Stag.

Is this legal?..... It can't be right surely?

If it is legal does it present any issues for insurance MOT etc?

If I was to buy the car, could I re register the car correctly and what would this involve?

Any help and advise that you could offer would would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

its not been registered as a triumph stag its just using a v5 from a stag , if its been on the road like this its illegal .end of

the mot test staion should not pass it as when they put in the chassis number into the vosa computer it will say triumph stag ,this should be enough for them to refuse a mot ,so if its been on the road its been done illegally ,and when its insured it it should flag up as a stag not a westfield

steer clear and find another there are plenty about

and as said the busa on ebay is not even a westfield chassis and is using a spitfire v5

• Like 1

It's a ringer.

Maybe buy it cheap with the IVA factored in, but I would look elsewhere. There are some cheap cars about at the moment without the ball ache of a dodgy registration.

It's a gamble I'm too old to take and a potential sea of hazards.  Or it could be fine.  But there's lots of cars out there that are registered as Westfield.  If it were me, I'd be patient and move on to the next one.  But that's a personal choice entirely.

:yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Barge pole - don't touch it ..... Get a straight car with a straight v5 and a mighty cross flow :-)

The main motivation was price, but I don't want to be landed with lemon so I think I'll look elsewhere.

Adam,

you need to look in the Chichester area, have a gander at cars wanted section, hth

regards

Pete