Trackday Video - Thunderhill, US of A

grahamf

After my Laguna Seca track day someone requested video footage. Unfortunately, I did not have any available, but I now have the technology. Still have some work to do on my driving, but I'm having fun doing it.

GoPro Hero3 Silver

Audio Technica ATR-3350 Remote Microphone (mounted in the engine bay)

RaceChrono Android App

RaceRenderer to do the overlay and publish to YouTube.

Is the audio captured separately or on the GoPro? It's the one thing that bothers me about mine.

Is the audio captured separately or on the GoPro? It's the one thing that bothers me about mine.

On the GoPro. I listed my external microphone below the video, and I use the GoPro adapter for external audio on the Hero3.

Looks like a nice safe track there, nothing hit.

I like your little revs indicator in the corner of the windscreen, very neat.  :yes:

I like your little revs indicator in the corner of the windscreen, very neat.  :yes:

That's one of these https://ecliptech.com.au/product-category/shifti/

You can program the rev range you want fairly simply, and in the SDV it was a simple install (as the relevant wires are available at the back of the guage cluster)

• Like 1

What a superb circuit. I'm guessing it's a lot more undulating than it looks, as gopro cameras have a habit of making things look a bit flatter than they really are? :)

fantastic :t-up:

Just trying to flip it over to get you on the correct side.

Looks like your having fun, good to the see the steering wheel of choice works on that side to  :t-up:

That looks a great circuit . How far from Frisco is it ?

I get to Sacramento and Frisco quite often . I have the same rev. indicator as you, what a great place to stick it.

Just need a left handed Westy. :d  :d  :d  

It's 140 miles from San Francisco, and 95 miles from Sacramento.  https://goo.gl/maps/ezrWZ

What a superb circuit. I'm guessing it's a lot more undulating than it looks, as gopro cameras have a habit of making things look a bit flatter than they really are? :)

Yes it is quite undulating, and the good news is that they are currently building another 2.5 miles of track which will have even more undulation. So it will be a 5 mile lap by August, possibly June.