Best Email I've Received This Year

Captain Colonial

Well, I knew I'd start getting daft emails now that I've become chairman, but this one takes the biscuit.  Julian and Simon, if you're reading this, why can't we have this as an option? :laugh:

"Dear Sir,

Sorry to take few minitues of your time and please keep this email in your file to service your customer once they need this kind of product. Thanks.

As we are given to understand that you may interested in Vertical Door Kits (VDK) product. We take this opportunity of writing to you to enter into business relation with you.

We are pleasure to introduce our vertical (Scissor) Door Kits to you:

*   Easily installation with each individual VDK, only needs to dismantle the car door screws locks and then install our VDK.

*   No need to modify the car or door, and could change the original kits back easily.

*    Open and lift up the door smoothly as the kits is support by Gas Springs.

*    We are original VDK manufactory with our own design patent, starting VDK sales all over the world from year 2004.

*    Good quality high-strength steel.

*    Individual gas spring with SGS test approved.

*    3-dimension VDK adjustment

*    Individual VDK for over 200 car models (Acura, AUDI, BMW, BENZ, Ford, Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Peugeot, Proton, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen...)"

...etc., etc. - there was a photo attached of a Toyota Corolla fitted with scissor doors. :laugh:

"Good" quality?  Not excellent, great, superb... just "good"?

I'm almost tempted to write back and say we're very interested in them developing scissor hinges for Westfields and see what response I get. :cool:  :d

And before any of you wise guys get any ideas, I'm not "servicing" any of you.

At least you get topical/related spam... All I get is member enhancement related emails... :ph34r:

Is member enhancement when you're made an Honorary Life Member or somesuch?

Sounds like somebody watched "pimp my ride" and invested making that stuff for real. The next email be tying to sell you an extending arm for a 50" plasma screen that pops out of the boot and spins around 360 degrees and a spare wheel that turns into an Xbox...........

'Manufactory', a hybrid of a manufacturer and a factory .. I love it! It cuts down on so many unneccesary words in the dictionary!

New thread please; I'll start -

Chip shop and pizza parlour = Chipza

Hotel and pool = Hotpoo .. maybe not!  ..  ..  ..  I'll get my coat!

• Like 1

'Manufactory', a hybrid of a manufacturer and a factory .. I love it! It cuts down on so many unneccesary words in the dictionary!

New thread please; I'll start -

Chip shop and pizza parlour = Chipza

Hotel and pool = Hotpoo .. maybe not!  ..  ..  ..  I'll get my coat!

++ good

That's "newspeak" (1984)

Orwell predicted this would happen :down:

Without going back to check, I recall reading Adam Smith in the original as having Manufactory spelled that way.

'Manufactory', a hybrid of a manufacturer and a factory

I think manufactory was a word coined after the industrial revolution which was later shortened to the word we know now: factory.