Old pic

Chris Smith

just run a check on vtl715 its now red but not taxed ,wonder where it is now

Photoshop to the rescue, Chris :)

(click on photos)

Scan0001 1

gallery 14643 344 172211 2

I was invited to Notts Sports car club late last year to talk on Westfield and my racing from 64 to 2004...think it went well  from Turner to lotus GP via F3 Chevron and March 712

just run a check on vtl715 its now red but not taxed ,wonder where it is now

or was red the original colour of the donor because its coming up as a Mg

The history of Westfield would make an interesting article in the Mag.

If you download the first three issues of WW from 1995 in the Downloads section above, you'll find a three-part article on "The Westfield Story". :)

The history of Westfield would make an interesting article in the Mag.

A book would be even better !!

Congratulations on your upcoming 70th Chris - I used to regularly drive past the factory in the 90's when I was visiting MEB (Midlands Electricity) and would dream of owning a Westfield like the ones in the car park - strange how my first (and current) kit car is a Westfield :)

p.s - why "Westfield" (I'm sure it's been asked before) - probably better as you can't make a number of words from it - like "Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious" :d

Westfield was the name of Chris' home at the time

I never met you, Chris, as far as I know, but I feel quite emotional seeing this post and the pictures in it. Congratulations, and happy birthday.

ps i'm not far behind you, I'm 67 years young. If we did ever meet it would most likely have been when I used to compete at Curborough in a Frogeye Sprite, better part of 50 years ago!!

There are already two books on history of Westfield right back to day one with all the info behind car production and models and approx. numbers produced ............. up to just before the bike engine mega range of cars were produced ........... :d  :)  ;)  probably needs a new book to cover all the "mega" and XTR cars - Books probably not in print anymore :(

Something like this ;)

westfieldthestory.jpg

I have a copy, but I won't spoil it by telling you who the murderer is. :d

I have a copy, but I won't spoil it by telling you who the murderer is. :d

Is it Paul "007" Hurdsfield? :p:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I bet there's still room for another volume what with the "inside story" and shop floor gossip (and not to mention the nitty gritty of the litigation saga) :d  

• Like 1