Looking at Westfields ?

KrisC2

They are cracking fun cars, and obviously, only one of a host of copies.

- MNR

- MK Indy

- GB Sportscars

- Mac1

- Stuart Taylor

- Dax

I love mine, had it for 5yr or so now, sunny road driving, trackdays, trips to france, autotesting, garage tinkering.

The only thing I would say in terms of your 'scary fast, stop on a sixpence and takes bends like it's on rails' is that while very drivable indeed they do not come with the host of get-out-of-jail-free cards that you get with; abs, traction control, 4wd and even with a full cage you are more exposed than you could be.

Daniel

Yanto: Appreciate the offer, may take you up on it when the weather improves.

Deako: Saw yours at Stoneleigh, very nice motor.

robsurplice: Now were talking :t-up:

dhutch: Hiya, I think its now the host of get out of jail free features detract from a pure track driving experience. A raw track based car is an itch I've got to scratch, seen too many 150bhp track cars leave my 300/400bhp road cars for dead. The plan is to keep the car long term plus I enjoy tinkering.

Westfields are definitely tinkerers cars, I tinker a lot :yellow-westy: .  

For £15k. how about a nice V8, in fact most cars are within your budget, you could even buy an S2000 kit from the factory.

S2000 would be my top choice but as much as I'd enjoy building it I'd want to get straight out and do some track time .................... Nurburgring awaits!

dhutch: Hiya, I think its now the host of get out of jail free features detract from a pure track driving experience. A raw track based car is an itch I've got to scratch, seen too many 150bhp track cars leave my 300/400bhp road cars for dead. The plan is to keep the car long term plus I enjoy tinkering.

No worry at all, I wasnt trying to say it was wrong, if your of that mind set it sounds like your taking the right steps, but they are as you put it more of 'raw' experience and its not always what people are after. I have no experience of anything else on track, enjoy driving the westfield a lot both on track and on road, I have never been one for something which does it for you.

There are a lot of nice cars out there to buy. I considered building and enjoy the odd tinker, but i think like you, dont have the patience/time/appetite to build a whole car!

Daniel

Hi Daniel, I appreciate any and all feedback :t-up:.

I've done quite a few track days in numerous performance cars, the plus side is sheer power and downside is weight and cost. I've risked expensive cars too long on the track and think I would enjoy the challenge of a Westfield. The plan is to keep it as a long term hobby i.e. maybe a track day per month through summer. I'm not being flippant (perhaps realistic) but the odd shunt and broken track rod end etc assuming I was in one piece would just be wear and tear weekend projects.

I've tracked AWD, FWD and RWD, time I started to learn to drive old skool wheel drive :d. I expect the Westfield to be a bit of a handful on track and whether I master it or not I don't know but I hope to have fun in trying.

Cheers

Chris

They are a handful on track but only when it is wet or on a cold frosty morning, otherwise they grip well with softer tyres. Experimenting with tyres is what our cars are about and there is plenty of discussion on this forum. 

The odd breakage----well yes, I've had my share, latest is the cycle wing brackets.

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

Thread resurrection or what :d 

As you can see I was last looking at Westfield's in 2014 but got side tracked into buying my current ride which I will be selling mid summer ish so am back as a paid up member with a view buying a Westfield this time.

Would be looking at pretty much my original post re spec/price, only difference is it would now be mostly track and occasional road use. A question I have is how do the seight's handle on the track, I assume they are nose heavy? More prone to under steer? Light is good but the kid in me does get drawn to the V8.

I'll be reading up to get a better insight of Westfield's so again thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

Kris

• Like 1

From my limited experience with mine I would say pretty good as long as it was set up as a track car as mine was, at Blyton last year I could keep up with the regular track goers when I became brave enough, round corners it behaved very well, and would catch everything on the straights when I pushed hard (300 bhp and 360 lb ft and 670kg). The flip side is that I've never driven a lighter Westfield on track so can't give an objective opinion.

Other more informed and experienced drivers/owners will be of more help I'm sure.

Ian

15 hours ago, Yanto said:

From my limited experience with mine I would say pretty good as long as it was set up as a track car as mine was, at Blyton last year I could keep up with the regular track goers when I became brave enough, round corners it behaved very well, and would catch everything on the straights when I pushed hard (300 bhp and 360 lb ft and 670kg). The flip side is that I've never driven a lighter Westfield on track so can't give an objective opinion.

Other more informed and experienced drivers/owners will be of more help I'm sure.

Ian

Interesting and encouraging, no problems with over heating on track? I guess there's light and agile or a smidge heavier and brute horse power, I kinda like the latter although could see a valid argument for either. When it comes to trackdays they are purely fun for me, interested in smiles per miles not lap times etc ............ thanks

nope no overheating, it was it has to be said a very well set up and spec'd car, built as a fast cruiser and track car.