Looking at Westfields ?

KrisC2

Hi all, been lurking a while so thought it may be time to say hello ....................... err hello :)

So, not an owner yet but have to say I'm drawn to Westfields. I've always had a performance road car i.e. weekend toy sat in the garage mainly used on sunny days with a few track days per year. I seem to be doing less road driving and more track hence me looking at track orientated cars. Not too fussed about the aluminium bodied variety, do get drawn to Atoms but a lot of dosh, Westfields seem to tick the box for me on many points.

I'm a sponge at present soaking up all the facts to try to get a full understanding of what will fit my needs.

As said on here before there doesn't seem to be a definitive right or wrong just what ticks the box for the individual. My preference at present is the newer FW with a 2.0 Zetec. Minimum BHP would be 170 which I believe is pretty standard with ECU and throttle bodies. Reading up on the Zetec it has good potential all be it costly for bigger BHP down the line if required. I'd budget around 15k for the right car.

Not had a drive of one just a sit in one. Initial thoughts were damn this is a tight fit and do they do wider seats? Also the reach and feel of controls felt a little strange but I'd have to have a run to get a better idea.

So, road legal but mainly track day on a trailer. Preferably scary fast, stop on a sixpence and takes bends like it's on rails. What's your thoughts and advice please gents, the do's the don'ts, I would I wouldn't??

BTW, I dropped in to Stoneleigh at the weekend. The WSCC had a great stand with a lot of impressive rides :t-up:

seriously have a look at Jeff Oakleys car in the cars for sale section and I'll take 5k commission

• Like 1

Kris, get a mighty cross flow, you know it makes sense :-), and welcome, good to have new members coming through.

All the best

james 

Welcome Kris…Plenty motors out there, take your time and have a look at a few... :t-up:

Hi Kris,   Get the right engine and a decent chassis first,  All the rest can be changed relatively easy, it's what I've been doing the last 3 years and it's slowly getting to be my perfect car.  Happy hunting.

• Like 1

Hi Kris welcome aboard looks like you've got a good idea already

LSD is probably a must have item either fitted or the first upgrade for you to consider

Pop along to a local meet and have a chat

Also pop along to a sprint or hill climb and look at some of the Westfields running there if you want to see how fast ones are put together ;) (but not mine I'm slow :) ) plenty of driver always looking for a chat too

Harewood hill climb this weekend two days, other dates are in the speed series program.

You have a good budget so should easily be able to buy or convert a car to exactly what you want

Good luck with your search

Welcome Kris (is that spelt right?).

My advice is the same as John's, just buy Jeff Oakley's car. Everyone says it's a cracker, so it must be.

For some reason I can't get quote or multi quote to work so here goes winging it:

SlowPoke: I'm in Nott's mate.

SootySport: A quarter of my time will be driving and three quarters changing everything to how I want it. I'm in my element with the tools out in the garage.

Pickmaster Andy Lowe: I'll start looking at the meets/events and try to get along to one.

Norman Verona - Gites Man: Kris = Chris ;)

Mine isn't fast, nor set up for racing, but you are more than welcome to have a look, a chat, and run to a pub if it's dry, I'm north of Melton Mowbray!  I don't do rain!

Cheers

Ian

PS as for quotes, i believe sometimes versions of IE cause loss of this function, try Chrome or Firefox

Just buy mine and spend a couple of £k tinkering with the lump. If you spend £15k on one there will be little to change. ;)

15k will buy you a nice duratec 200 bhp with fast road cams ect