Almost back on the road!

cszjrh

Well after a few weeks tinkering and two very long days I'm almost back on the road! 

The new engine is in on custom new mounts and oil system is all piped in (pending me finding a home for the catch tank).  Just need to reroute and modify the bottom radiator hose as the oil tank blocks its previous route and need to replace my filter/regulator as of course when we came to test fire up the engine at the weekend we noticed it had developed a hairline crack and was leaking fuel....

NewXE_zpsf80fafac.jpg

Big thanks to all of you for your support and assistance over the last 6 weeks or so.  I've gone from never having changed the oil in a car to having swapped out an engine (albeit it quite a simple one) which I wouldn't have imagined would have been possible. 

Darve - I'll get your hoist back to you as soon as I'm sure the engine isn't going to need to come out again :)

Cheers, John

• Like 1

No rush. Make sure you're all sorted first :)

Looking smart btw :d

• Like 1

Very nice, glad your nearly there and now know your westy much better than before.

• Like 1