Show dominators

Hellski

First Stoneleigh show for me and I'm proud to own a Westfield :t-up:

Not the best pictures and I'm sure others will be along with better

14107486254_f131c3106c_c.jpg

14107485144_989ab4cf31_c.jpg

Does anyone know how many Westies were on show today?

• Like 1

Great pics - nice to meet you mate. James

Was hoping to attend today, but no road tax so had to miss out again. Used to go every year, come rain or shine, but not been for quite some time now. Old age will do that to you!

Great pics - nice to meet you mate. James

Good to meet you too James and great to finally see the mighty crossflow in the flesh :t-up:

Great photos…wish I was there…. :cry:

Next year Phil...............convoy Scotland !!! 

• Like 1

A big tick for me seeing so many Westfields compared to other marques on show.

Some great examples out on show, my favourite of the day had to be an orange one (wish I could remember the spec) I saw being polished up at the end furthest from the marquee. Stunning.

I also saw a few other Westfields dotted around, would these be non club members parking up with local kit car clubs?

Next year Phil...............convoy Scotland !!!

I tried to arrange this year but no takers! :-/

I tried to arrange this year but no takers! :-/

If I had not been down here working Rab you bet I would have been there ..........looks like the weather has been well organised too  :yes:

• Like 1

What a shame Rab!

i could only do setup and yesterday, but I have to say, it was one of the best shows for me in recent years.

May be not quite as many indoor manufacturers stands as there has been, and not quite so many club stands as I've seen; but the club stand had a fantastic buzz about it, for a good chunk of the day, there were lots of crowds at the show in general, and there were quite a few little niche "new" marques tucked away between the bigger hall stands.

Its always been a popular destination for European fans, this year especially.

Stoneleigh isn't just a show though, it's an experience. Stoneleigh, (for many, done at its best) begins when you jump into your Westfield after loading the camping gear in every nook and cranny of the car, form into a convoy with your mates in their Westfields, and from their, the grins just get bigger as the convoys get bigger the nearer to the show grounds you get.

Arriving at the show in a huge snake of Westfields, you then find yourself parking up in the middle of more Westfields than you've ever seen in one spot. 

It's as much about a drink or three and the after show BBQ putting the world to rights with a hoard of other club members before going in search of your tent, as browsing the exhibits.

Monday morning see's the slightly blurry eyed clutching bacon buttes and sausage sandwiches from the cafe and standing watching with a slightly proud grin as huge convoys of Westfields role in for another day.

Followed by an expensive stroll round those stalls you earmarked the day before to pick up one or two souvenirs from ;)

Later that day, the realisation will dawn that you were already loaded to the gunnels with camping gear and that the five new carrier bags and un feasibly large comedy style package "must have" are going to be a bit tricky to get home!

This is where you see owners in the WSCC camping field staring at bits of gear, minds racing, wondering what they could throw away, or leave behind, to fit what's left into a suddenly very small car...

And finally, Stoneleigh ends, when you role up home, shattered, desperate for a shower, hyper, with a thousand and one stories to tell any one that will listen!

Now, did I tell you what happened to me on the way back this year... :d  ;)  

• Like 4

Excellent show this year for me, I really enjoyed it. We started with an 8 car blat, and stayed together all the way.

I am very pleased I did a stint on the Autojumble, its nice to do a bit for the club and feel proud of it all.

Excellent set up as usual, and a good bit of banter through the day, at the BBQ etc.

A few pics from me

P5040002_zps463a1435.jpg

P5040007_zpsd8dd5089.jpg

P5040009_zps22fa9433.jpg

P5040028_zps2c6bd70b.jpg

A big thank you to Andy Banks for leading the organisation of the event, top job :t-up:

• Like 3

Excellent show and excellent Westie stand and great organization :)

A good job done very well

Best club and members ever :) :)

• Like 1

This was my 3rd year attending and concur fully! Its a great experience and, if organised, we would be an amazing on the mway hooked up with the NE and NW regions!

Will have to get it on the list next year for sure , have you got the Westy with you Rab?