My new MINI - with photos

Norman Verona

.... We're back!

Trip went to plan and we picked up the Mini without a problem.

BUT.... If I set the seat to its highest and the wheel to its lowest I cannot see the clocks!!!!!!!!!!! The whole point of buying the car was to see the clocks.

But, worry not, if the seat is half up and the wheel is half down all is well.

Having driven from Airdrie bto Preston then Preston to Portsmouth then Caen to home I love it, it's comfortable and has all the cup holders and coat hooks I could want.

More late, for now I've a Mini to clean - will take all day.

Phew, thought you'd shrunk and turned into Yoda for a minute there Norm.

Enjoy the new toy

Bob :d

Half way there, cleaned the interior. Right down to cotton buds in the little foldy places!

Lunch, wash and then polish.

Looks tidy!

One little ding, not even measurable, in the o/s/r quarter and a small ding in the chrome trim around the lower rear window. The bottom leading edge of the drivers door has a bit of rust under the paint, about 3" by 1/4". Half dozen stone chips on the front.

Lets see how it looks next year!

Of course, what else. It's been on the Civic for a year. It was on the Elise, and has been on everything since.

Now added a picture of the original invoice, Unbelievable!

Satnav at £1650! hells bells

Looks like you've dug up a nice one there

It's slightly more than just sat nav, it has a full on board computer calculating fuel, distance and time. But it is a lot for a satnav, Ahhh, hang on, it says MINI on the screen and behind that is BMW ("bring money" with, better not say "black mans wheels")

Dom, I spent about 4 weeks looking through Autotrader at them and worked out what the factory options were. Decided I had to have the Chrono Pack (speedo and tacho on column). A sun roof would have been nice. Ended up with almost all except the s/r. Price was less than all the others of that age/mileage, even the basic models.

He wanted £4,750. I phoned him and asked his best price with no warranty or MOT and he could cash in any unexpired RFL. Came straight back with £4000. 

Looks like BMW are carrying on with the old BMC tradition for add on's , charging ott for all so called "extras" :t-up: