clarkson ,has the world gone mad

SteveD

This is nothing to do with racism and everything to do with rival newspapers. Clarkson writes for the Murdoc Empire and this story was "found" by the Mirror group who have been trying to deal with Clarkson ever since Piers Morgans days as editor.

He is target number one as he is not PC, abhors the stupidity of the world we live in. When he speaks sense about the rise of the state dictating what we can and cannot do, he speaks for millions, so there are some who would like to silence him and would see great joy at his demise.

I have many black and muslin people I know, they are not offended by casual statements, the Irish I know laugh at Irish jokes, the Jews I know laugh at comments about chicken soup being Jewish penicillin, things that are meant in jest are just that.

There is a whole industry that has been built up around being PC, millions are spent each year on training for police, army teachers civil servants to keep up with current offensive terms, this is a money machine like global warming.

Clarkson needs to continue being himself.

• Like 1

When I was a kid and we used that rhyme, we substituted that with "catch a tigger by the toe".  Now I can't even do that any more for fear of people think I'm having a go at Paul Dew. :d

We are not even allowed to mention by name , the fact that very well known brand items have been banned in the past because of so called racist inuendo .

e.g. the "Golly" on Robinsons Jam , for pity's sake it was a very cheerful picture of a black doll .

century's old  Fairy tales have been mutilated or banned  to make them PC 

why don't they do a cull on all the White Swan Hotel & Pub signs we see all over the country , using the same argument surely these are racist ! 

For some things like this there is a serious and genuine motive. If you've suffered being referred to as Golly or similar, which I gather wasn't exactly uncommon back in the day, then getting rid of it doesn't seem PC gone mad. However you are right that we 'ban' things before any offense has even been suggested. Where offence is caused it's usually people being offended on behalf of a group they thing should be offended.

The person who should be being vilified is the slimy swear filter bothering ban inducing something or other who gave the tape to the mirror.

For some things like this there is a serious and genuine motive. If you've suffered being referred to as Golly or similar, which I gather wasn't exactly uncommon back in the day, then getting rid of it doesn't seem PC gone mad. However you are right that we 'ban' things before any offense has even been suggested. Where offence is caused it's usually people being offended on behalf of a group they thing should be offended.

the problem is where do you stop making allowances? When I was a kid there were lots on name calling, big ears, fatso, smelly, speccy etc all where hurtful I suppose to kids, but we grew up fine. Now it is okay for Irish to call themselves mick, welsh Taffy,Scots Jock's but not me because I am none of those. Racism is an ugly act but whilst we have professional complainers who want to be offended on behalf of others then it make true racism hard to separate.

My next door neighbour is Black, he came over to Bristol when the bus company in Bristol would not set on blacks, he suffered real prejudice and hatred every day in the 60's and 70's but now what he sees is nothing. Young blacks use racism as an excuse for failure as do white when they blame the poles taking the jobs they will not do, the truth is that name calling in rhymes is just that. When you read of people being killed because of their faith, skin colour that is true hatred. As children we were told to ignore those who name called and were nasty, now we have grown up we give them all the attention they could ever want.

Were gollys not called golly wogs ?

If a few people decide to apply that to a race of people it doesnt mean that both the dolls and the phrase has to be banned

That is pc gone mad

Bah bah black sheep cannot be used in schools now

Black sheep exist,its nothing to do with black people

Thats pc gone mad

You can ban everything to do with brown / black words,phrases,colours etc but it wont stop people calling other people names

Theres been loads of names for different races,and there will be new ones in the future

Has anyone ever read 1984?  Worth a read again, because what was meant to be a warning has actually happened. 

Forgive me everyone, I have a Black Audi :oops:

Don't know if this question is allowed, but, have we got any non White members ? Would love to hear their views.

I have a couple of mates who are one mixed race and one Afro Carribean. Neither could give a monkeys...

One I have always called a bl... ba..... And well ..I was best man at his wedding.

What a load of fuss about nothing.

My wife is Irish and gets upset when called..in fun..paddy. I tell her I'm quarter Jewish and couldn't care less what anyone calls me.

When I was at school I was told ......

Sticks and stones may break my bones............ Names will never hurt me....

Forgive me everyone, I have a Black Audi :oops:

Seems we have a racist amongst us

And on that bombshell . ...........

He was reciting a nursery rhyme for christ sake,one that we've all sang

Should this post be deleted as ..

1) It may be insulting Christianity, especially as it used a lower case "c"?

2) It does not include Mohamed, Ra, Blind Io* Bilious* etc., and so be insulting by exclusion of deity ?

3) It may be offensive to atheists who don't believe in any deity?

4) Just 'cos I say so and I'm the boss and I know best!

Cheers

DerekJ

P.S.

This post was not intended to give offence ot any one except,...  well....  You know who you are and Ya Boo...  Sucks to you!

* You need to read the right books for these

Should this post be deleted as ..

1) It may be insulting Christianity, especially as it used a lower case "c"?

2) It does not include Mohamed, Ra, Blind Io* Bilious* etc., and so be insulting by exclusion of deity ?

3) It may be offensive to atheists who don't believe in any deity?

4) Just 'cos I say so and I'm the boss and I know best!

Cheers

DerekJ

Bilious......is that similar to snooker but with less balls ?

P.S.

This post was not intended to give offence ot any one except,...  well....  You know who you are and Ya Boo...  Sucks to you!

* You need to read the right books for these

I'm going to use certain expressions. I would ask they are left as you will see I do not mean them to be offensive.

Jew Boy - I'm a Jew and a Boy. If that's what someone wants to call me fell free. The Germans were anti-semetic, they murdered 6 million of us, including 7/8th of my family.

Mick, Paddy, etc. Lots of Irish men have those names. Where's the offence.

**** - Just an abbreviation of Pakistani. The offence is the context it's used.

Nigger - describes the colour of a person with black skin. The offence is, again, the context it's used.

I have a long standing friend (and employee) who, when we meet (not that often now) greet each other with "Hello Nigger", "Hello Jew Boy" No offence is meant and none is taken. However as this is either in the office (all new people) or in a pub, the looks on peoples faces are, well, a picture.

I suppose "Yank" could be construed as an offensive term.

Oh, and in the older schools they have a board which the teacher will write on with white chalk. The board is a blackboard.

OK, Chalky.

Oh, and in the older schools they have a board which the teacher will write on with white chalk. The board is a blackboard.

Not any more it's not Norm - they have to call 'em chalkboards now.   

I'm going to use certain expressions. I would ask they are left as you will see I do not mean them to be offensive.

Jew Boy - I'm a Jew and a Boy. If that's what someone wants to call me fell free. The Germans were anti-semetic, they murdered 6 million of us, including 7/8th of my family.

Norm,

Is the use of "Boy" stretching the reality a little? :p

DJ