Harewood Weekend

Terry Everall

Yes Terry

There wont be many places where there are four of us together

I wanted to gauge if it would be worth stripping the car for next year and purchasing new tyres

Perhaps there will be opportunity at Blyton?

Harewood is a tight and narrow track with a couple of blind bends as well. The main issue is to keep all wheels off the grass and don't out brake yourself into the corners. Although there are some good lines through the corners for you first event just get the gears right and keep on the black stuff and you will enjoy it

Has any body received the final instructions yet?

It's getting a bit late!!!!

I'm on the list on the website so I must be in

I did get a letter from post office yesterday demanding £1.53p to deliver a package with insufficient postage ????

These are normally junk mail so I normally let them go back :( but not expecting anything else

Even if I did pay tonight it probably wouldn't get here till Saturday

Andy I would think they will be with you tomorrow (thursday), probably posted out yesterday due to bank holiday monday.

No they have emailed me final instructions today and resent passes

Or I can pickup passes from office Saturday am

All sorted quickly and efficiently :)

Still don't know what's in the post though !!!!!!!!

Never mind ;)

Final instructions and paddock passes can be found here. Click on the trophy in the "Results" column........Clicky

The Harewood website says the paddock plan will be out tomorrow.

Looks like I've managed to get a late entry for Saturday and Sunday so will be joining you guys in Class 37  :)

Will be good to see you climbing the hill Paul

Please bring nice weather

it looks like it may be abit wet this weekend, i presume you boys on slicks have wets, but i'm on zzr's which have grooves in anyway, will these be ok? 

ZZRs will be fine 

Our slicks are always quicker in the damp than our wets which we hate using

Well folks i will be happy to just make it round in one piece. :laugh:

Im really looking forward to this as its my first event ever :blush: Any pointers or tips will be greatly appreciated. :yes:

There has been a bit of advice already, but be really careful to keep it on the black stuff, especially if it is wet, you go a long way on wet grass. Walk the course, absolute must if you have not been there before. When you are driving it, watch out for Country corner, it's a sharp left hander after the run up from the 180 which is Chippy's and you approach it over a blind bend. Very easy to come over the top too quick. Other than that you can see most of the corners and judge them yourself.

The fast right hander after Chippys ----WILLOW is a dangerous corner too so build up speed slowly until you get used to it  and once again DO NOT TOUCH THE GRASS!

The fast right hander after Chippys ----WILLOW is a dangerous corner too so build up speed slowly until you get used to it  and once again DO NOT TOUCH THE GRASS!

Best advice, have a quick chat with Terry, he has driven it rather a lot and even been known to be quiet quick :d :D

I've just emailed local members to come along and support you all!  Might even bring our feather flag along  :laugh:

Just heard James Spicer had an off in a big way.... Lee tells me hes OK, but might need a new Geo setup :down:

Yes James had a big off at Quarry and did big damage to his car and his chest was hurting due to stopping dead from about 40/50 mph against a solid object. The grass and wet does take its toll

Hope all repairs quickly