RIP Bob Hoskins

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

From the BBC:

British actor Bob Hoskins, who was best known for roles in The Long Good Friday and Who Framed Roger Rabbit, has died of pneumonia at the age of 71.

Always been a favourite actor of mine, a sad loss, and far too young.

:down: a very sad loss and agreed, in todays society that is too young

I can remember first seeing him in an educational TV series of 10 minute shorts called On The Move which IIRC was on Sunday afternoons. It was designed to help adults with literacy problems (fortunately not something I suffered from) but sometimes the storylines were really funny (just looked it up and it was written by Barry Took)

We also saw Bob Hoskins filming part of the Mona Lisa film on Brighton Pier, sad loss of a very great actor...

Remember its good to talk.

Seriously really sad about this

A sad loss which shows how fragile life is. He was diagnosed with Parkinson disease recently and contracted pneumonia which just shows how quick life can change.

What I liked was he was not a pretty boy actor, he had a lived in look which meant his acting was the key to his success.

Favourite film, The Long Good Friday.

• Like 1