Wanted, standard Westfield rectangular rocker switch set.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Wanted, a set of "standard" plastic rocker switches for, Windscreen wipers, Washers, Sidelights/Headlights, Fog light, Heater fan

As shown in the (randomly Googled for) image below.

IMG_0292.JPG

$T2eC16d,!zEE9s3!Y8S%28BRjy%292H7eQ~~60_

As long as they work OK and aren't absolutely shredded, condition isn't too important - just got to get me through IVA, then I plan to change over to Arduino controlled Savage switches. In the meantime though, just want to keep it all nice and simple and IVA friendly!

Let me know if you get stuck... I don't plan to do my dash until the end of the summer but I could let the Windscreen wipers, Washers, Heater fan go early as they don't do anything now I have an aeroscreen. The law says I need to keep the Sidelights/Headlights, Fog light for now :down:

Thanks Tim, will do if I have no luck.

Would you not just buy new?

Older ones are square edged as per your below image, newer ones as per the above image have the sva/iva radus on them.

Daniel

About £8 each from cbs if my memory serves me correctly. Discount for picking up at the show may make that an option

Yeah, I know what you mean, just seemed a shame, if not slightly wasteful, to buy new purely for the IVA test and then get rid.

I'll be changing to the billet switches, but am concerned that a. The "multi press" way I intend to use them will fail due to warning light requirements and marking requirements and b. I'm going to have to buy IVA safe bulb colours, as well as the final single colour versions. Plus the fan switch I will eventually use isn't IVA OK, (the radius of the plastic knob is slightly too tight).

I can send you through my (used) set for sidelights/headlights, fog light and hazard, if that would be helpful? :)

I've not got washer or heater fan, though, I'm afraid 

That would be fantastic Dave, gets me closer! Are you at Stoneleigh?

No, I'm afraid not.  But I can stick them in a jiffy bag, in the post, if you PM me your address

Sending a PM now! Again, many thanks.

Dave

I missed that you only wanted them for IVA, in which case the main thing I guess is to make sure you get the newer radiused ones.

Actually, it's probably not so critical, they're going in to a contour dash, so will be quite recessed.

Will have a look in the workshop tomorrow may have some of the others you can borrow until you are done with .

That'd be fantastic Julian! Ta.

Sorry Dave , completely forgot will do tomorrow !! , been a bit hectic this week getting parts finished for everyone :)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.