Smokey's Westfield Model Kits On Sale At Stoneleigh!

Captain Colonial

As many of you will remember smokey mow (Mark Wendon), being the talented man that he is, developed a folded paper Westfield model you could make yourself and generously shared the plans with us all in this build thread with a difference:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/99348-build-yourself-a-westfield-another-build-thread-but-with-a-difference/

Now this wasn't my idea (I wish it had been, though), but that of Andy Banks and with the considerable assistance of Andrew Reeves who will be printing them, the club will be offering 325 of these kits for sale at Stoneleigh.  The colour breakdown is as follows:

Baby Blue - 20

British Racing Green with Yellow Nose - 30

British Racing Green - 30

Burgundy - 20

Chrome Yellow - Black Nose & Arches - 30

Chrome Yellow - 60

Cream - 10

Crimson - 15

Electric Blue - 35

Lime Green - 15

Orange - 20

Post Office Red - 40

Mark's making two models as examples to view at the show - thanks Mark. :)

The kit, complete with instructions, will be on sale in the exterior marquee at Stoneleigh for the princely sum of one whole British pound - yes, just £1 each.  All profits will go to charity too, so if you're feeling generous and want to give more than £1, your charity contribution will be gratefully received.

Please do not hop on this thread, or send an email or PM to Andy, Andrew or me asking for one to be saved for you - not going to happen and the word "no" frequently offends :d - we've got way too much on our plates at the moment.  This will be on a strictly first-come, first-served basis at Stoneleigh.  If you can't make it to Stoneleigh, I'd advise you to ask members in your local area who are coming to pick one up for you.

So make sure you get yours at the show - the best pound you'll spend all day! :t-up:

great - I will take a few for the kids :t-up:

I hope he's paid he's Trader Payment :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Great idea, arts and crafts in the Westfield tent sounds like good fun for the whole family.

I hope he's paid he's Trader Payment :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

It's not me that's selling them :d :D :d

I've already got a house full of these but I'm still going to buy some more :t-up:

Great idea, arts and crafts in the Westfield tent sounds like good fun for the whole family.

Do you really think for one second I'm going to promote members being let loose in the tent with scissors, tape and glue?  You're joking, right?  Assembly at home, please! :rolleyes:

I have every faith in the children of the members, but the adults, with a pint of two down their necks, is a different story! :laugh:

Please tell me I’m not the only one that has this mental image right now of the WSCC’s finest all sat around a low children’s table covered in sticky tape and glue :oops:

Please tell me I’m not the only one that has this mental image right now of the WSCC’s finest all sat around a low children’s table covered in sticky tape and glue :oops:

If I get anything right this year it ought to be this... :d

Can I reserve a post office red one. Be in the tent somewhere on Monday.

Bob :d  :d :d  

Can i have a Black one?

Sure - but you have to supply your own permanent marker to achieve the colour. ;)

Do you think we can bribe Mark to make clamshells? :cool::d

• Like 1

Could you allocate some for Sunday and some for Monday?

Monday is traditionally quieter as it is without this ,...

The kit has both clamshell and cycle I think.

You'll be please to know that most variants and upgrades are already included. You can build with either clams or cyclewings and windscreens or aeroscreens. There's even a spare wheel option for the back :)