Pinto Performance Parts

Red Flash

:d 

Not the most modern engine but solid esp knowing if the cambelt snaps the heads safe!

It is only safe as a standard engine. A cam change (as you have) and or other mods will increase the risk of damage if the belt breaks. Unless you know for sure everything still clears of course...;)

Hi all :) , thanks again for sharing your knowledge and advice  :yes:

We're not after any huge gains at the moment, but maybe an engine swap would be an option in the future.. However it would be a shame to cut more holes in the Westy.

On our dyno run we made 117hp at the flywheel, which I originally thought was to the wheels.. :down: slightly disappointing. We'd be happy with 150bhp  :d Would that be obtainable with a big valve head, decent cam and 45s Webbers..?? As you can probably guess my knowledge in engines isn't too great  :laugh:

Following on from my first post, the heads off to be skimmed/new gasket fitted.. Fingers crossed it will run alot better.  :t-up:

Will

Are you sure Alladin?

My experiences in the past (minis & vw) I thought a stage 2 head was usually ground out and had different valve and springs fitted, minor upgrades for fast road use. The engine pulls so well I cant believe it is standard. Roling road print out shows 153hp.

I'm not sure whats been done but I found the receipt so I'm intrigued now so will email the builder which is a race builder.

And sorry I havent anything else to compare the 45s against i've come from the Vw scene and there bigger Dells seem to work better than smaller carbs but we have flat fours to contend with!

I'm intrigued too  ;)  Please could you drop me a message when you found out the specifics? Cheers Peet  :t-up:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.