Essex Charity Evening 8th July

Pistol Pete

My parents neighbor is involved in the local Mencap charity and are arranging a car evening for children and young adults they care for. The evrninh basically involved letting them have their picture taken sitting in the car and a few passenger ride around the playground. Last year everyone who joined in had a great evening and went home with a warm glow of giving something back. The kids/young adults thoroughly enjoy the evening and you couldn’t meet a nicer, happier bunch of young adults – the speed in which they can download pictures to a computer and start a slideshow will put many WSCC members to shame!

We have been invited back this year, so as long as you don’t mind them touching/getting in your car (with help from you)  you will find the evening a very rewarding experience. So a shout out to all the Essex members, pop your name down if you would like to join in with this.

1/ Pete             Westy

2/ Pete’s Dad    MGB

Event Details

8th July 2014 from 7pm until 9pm

Melbourne Park Primary School, Chelmsford CM1 2DX

A bit about the Charity

Chelmsford Mencap - Understanding Learning Disabilities Profile

CHELMSFORD MENCAP is a registered charity (No.245421) established in 1965 that helps children and adults with learning disabilities who may also have life limiting and terminal illnessess. The disabilities of our members are wide-ranging including autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, sensory impairment, speech and language difficulties.

Our aims are to inform, encourage and support social inclusion to our members and their families, so that they can grow in strength, knowledge and confidence.

Pete,  If I can get my car to you for that put my name down please - sounds like a great thing to do for a fantastic charity.  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Be great to have you along with the mighty xflow  :t-up:  :t-up:

Pete - I should be able to make it. Work is my only restriction but I'll put it in my calendar now and arrange stuff around it. Great to be involved. Cheers

Pete, The mighty cross flow will be on-song for that one mate - work permitting  :yes:

Was fun last year, remember the girl who kept nicking my shades :) , I let her have them in the end so I hope she leaves my new Dixons alone.

Was fun last year, remember the girl who kept nicking my shades :) , I let her have them in the end so I hope she leaves my new Dixons alone.

Sounds like you might need to get a cheap ebay pair especially for the evening beanie!

Pete

Pete's Dad

James

Tim

Bernie

Kevin

• Like 1

Why would you tow it to the event?  it's a nice little run from Steeple to Chelmsford.

I think Nemo mean towing down to steeple for the week.

Be good to have you along.

• 2 months later...

A quick bump to the top for this one.

Mark it up in your diaries it is a very different and enjoyable eveing with warm glow at the end :t-up:  :t-up:

Yes, no problem to bring one of your kids.