At traffic lights tonight….not what you think

alexander72

Let me set the scene……. I'm going on a rugby tour tomorrow so have been shopping for items for a "court" session tomorrow night.  Usual stuff, egg nog, pickled eggs, tabasco sauce, stewing steak, dog food, baby oil, and a judges wig.  All of the above was across the passenger seat next to me….

I was sitting at the lights in the westy with my helmet on and a van pulled up next to me…… Bloke looks down and says " nice car mate"…… followed by " weird shopping though"!!! :)  :)  :)

• Like 2

James, 5 touring teams from all over the UK on the ferry from Fishguard to Rosslare - I didn't think much of their shopping either..........

I know - we are taking the ON's Under 13's away to Albania…. ooops no I mean  St Albans !!   :)

I was in my MGB with no roof going up Shoot Up Hill when it started to snow - heavily. I'm sitting stationary in the traffic with the snow building up on my shoulders. Next to me is a Rover 2000 with a city gent driving. He winds down the window and in a very plummy voice says "are you some sort of c***" then wind the window up and looks straight ahead.

He was of course probably right.

Years ago i went to a fancy dress as a baby

Bib,nappy and a big sugar dummy

Was planning to stay the night but had an argument with the missus so had a strop and went home

The old cortina mk3 ran out of fuel approaching a set of lights so i had the humiliation of pushing it into a side road

Its amazing how many people are about at 2 in the morning - one of which called me a f******g wierdo

I used to have a job delivering prestige cars, and was delivering a beautiful pearl blue top of the range Jaguar XJ8 several years ago. 

As I was stuck in the usual slow traffic on the M1, during a hot spell of weather (so I had my window down to get a bit of fresh air instead of the aircon) I was passed by a minibus of construction workers, one of which pointed me out to his mates on commentated "Look at this w**ker! He's got sunglasses to match his car!"

Yes, my sunglasses were blue tinted!

Made me laugh inside, if only they knew that I was only taking the car to its new owner! 

Odd shopping? Best this.

I was going on holiday many years ago and lent my car to a friend for the three weeks I'd be gone.

On the second day he had a puncture and looked in the boot for the spare.

In the boot he found:

A wet suit

A "Miss Piggy" mask

A gallon drum of swarfega

I had a genuine reason for the odd cargo but thought but thought it better to stay silent and enjoy the rumours!