Finding missing bhp

rjc4176

Had my westfield 2.0 silver top zetec on 45s for nearly 2 years had been told lacking a few bhp doing 130bhp at the wheels so decided to try and make a few,replaced the link pipe and can.Also cut the dreaded hole in the bonnet got new trumpets,itg filter to go with the dunnel manifold and dunnel 3d ecu system lightened flywheel,high pressure oil pump baffled sump standard 130 cams arp bolts replaced the floats in the carbs now doing just shy of 145bhp at the wheels 170ish at crank on the same dyno 12 months later,what do you guys think is that about right for a silvertop zetec.

stu can probably answer this one better- but Im thinking that even will standard pistons/bottom end- you could go one stage further with your cam choice- this would probably gain you another 15-20hp? Obviously to get well over 200 crank hp youll need to think about strengthening the bottom end, and then head work etc etc... but There is a next level cam shaft I believe that doesn't require any major mods, other than perhaps arp rod bolts which you've already done....

might be worth a consideration???

• Like 1

I have virtually the same setup as you. 2.0 silver top, twin 45's, dunnell inlet and outlet, lightweight flywheel/clutch, Dunnell 3d system and mine made 133hp also.

Since I had its dyno'd its had a number of modifications which I hope have increased the hp.

Aye, that's the going rate, bang in the money :)

Yup 165 at fw is going rate.