westfield factory- get it together!

Speed Freak

Since my post I've had lots of communication with Julian so I can't fault him, but it shouldn't be down to him to deal with what should be a simple transaction.

Since my post I've had lots of communication with Julian so I can't fault him, but it shouldn't be down to him to deal with what should be a simple transaction.

Absolutely, and I don't think you or anyone else on here are slating any individual at WF; more the customer care system, or lack thereof that WF employs!

It is a shame that Westfield appears to be getting flack for their customer service whether justified or not.

I 'defected' from another well known Kit car manufacturer with whom their customer service is as bad as being reported here. Speaking with Westfield a number of times prior to buying my kit was one of the reasons I decided to go with Westfield. I found them pretty good at responding in the first instance however I do have some questions that still remain unanswered from weeks ago and I have since my purchase found I am having to keep on at them to get a response.

But I agree wholeheartedly that good customer service is key and as long as you keep a customer informed usually they will be happy, even when this means an item they are waiting on has been delayed.

I left a message a couple days ago and still no reply. This is after waiting 6 weeks at least for my parts, on the site tonight having a look and there are various items I want to purchase, but don't want to take the chance until I get the stuff I already paid for.

You could look at it that selling spare parts is not their core business and anything else is a bonus for them…it's a shame.

They are probably flat out preparing for Stoneleigh at present

They are probably flat out preparing for Stoneleigh at present

If that's the case no probs…maybe it would have been an idea to say something like that on the website or answer machine...

Perhaps there has been a reaction to this thread.......I contacted the parts dept today to check availability of some bits and bobs, spoke to Jeff ( started 2 days ago at Westfield) who understandably was not sure what was in stock. He took all the details and promised to e-mail me back with the result, got the e-mail to confirm parts were there so rang him back and ordered................well done that man :yes:  :yes:   :yes:

i will admit i haven't read the last 4 pages but in case its been missed - the wf website is completely dysfunctional .

• 4 weeks later...

My slowly progressing build started in 2011 and since then my experiences have been similar to others with a mix of great next day service and communication along with frustrating long waits occasionally.

I made a large order on the website over the bank holiday for a fuel tank with associated filler kit and outlets etc, a steering rack, nose grille and Mazda 4-1 manifold. All these were marked as in stock.

I was pleased to receive an email this morning before 9am from Jeff in parts. Unfortunately the steering rack and all the fuel related parts are out of stock and won't be available for 4-6 weeks.

Although obviously disappointed that core parts like steering rack and fuel tank are not stock items, (makes you wonder how they are building cars without them) I am pleased that Jeff promptly told me there would be a delay and offered me a refund on these parts. I've left the money with them, my choice, and will have to hope that the delay estimate is accurate.

This is a good case of WSC limiting the damage by good and prompt communication, let's hope it continues.

• Like 3

They need to sort this out...... I'm sure that trading standards would have a field day with them over the "in stock" BS, 

It would appear that they don't carry much of anything, no fuel sender units, no self cancelling indicator units..... the list appears to go on.... and on.... and on.....

Maybe a new bit on the website that says order this for me, take a 20% non refundable deposit.... they can't lose on that surely.

Nem.............

Odd at first glance, but makes sense really. Westfield aren't big enough to hold stock of everything, and I imagine striking a balance between having lots of money invested in items sat on a shelf, against satisfying customer demand is pretty difficult.

The website shop is most likely bought in and not 100% fit for purpose, but considerably better than anything they've ever had before. A 'feature' of the system being that when an item is marked out of stock, the website won't allow you to buy it. Westfield would thus have to be psychic and get whatever the customer wanted in stock before the customer wanted to order it to fix that issue.

I think I recall some parts having a lead time mentioned in the description, perhaps that's the way to go?

On another point, taking a step back, communication from the factory seems pretty good now! I remember a time when people were complaining of not getting items AND not getting told about it.

That's the way forward.... all they need to do is change the words "in stock" to Available to order..... lead time is X weeks"

Nem............

That's the way forward.... all they need to do is change the words "in stock" to Available to order..... lead time is X weeks"

Nem............

That's a sensible solution. Most people don't mind waiting if they know at the time of ordering. I do think that the lead times of 4 weeks + are excessive for parts though. I've just contacted Alloy Racing Fabrications to fabricate and supply me with a modified version of one of their header tanks. They can have it with me by the end of the week!

I wonder whether WSC's problem is not that their suppliers can't supply them for weeks on end, but rather that the factory have their accounts on 'stop' until they have paid the latest invoice. Not an uncommon situation to have in the current climate. If that is the case, all the more reason to support the factory for all our sakes.

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm a pretty laid back and patient person, but the Westfield parts departments commitment to us as customers is really getting me down now.

8 weeks ago I made an order well in excess of £1k in parts from the website shown as in stock. After an email saying I would wait 4-6 weeks I waited patiently, but nothing. Now 8 weeks on and many many many phone calls, promises to be called back that didn't happen, promises for my parts to be "next week' then 'next week' etc etc, different stories that don't tally up....still I can't get a fuel tank, steering rack and fuel cap!

I would love to be able to support the factory for my previous reasons, but there's only so much let down I can take and now I'm afraid I wish I'd used other suppliers. I'm even considering selling the Westfield..

I don't like to publicly complain so I've kept it to the facts rather than how I'm feeling about it all :(