In Memory of Jim Clark...

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

This brief film of Damon driving the Lotus 25 of Jim Clark (who was killed at Hockenheim in a formula 2 race on April 7th 1968).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtpPv4QIQX0

Clark had no need of screaming from the cockpit, leaping in the air on the podium, nor even raising a finger. He simply drove and won.

• Like 2

Thanks for the post Clive,  enjoyed that . 

We lived less than 10 miles from Aintree and to my eternal regret never got to watch a race there. Even though I was a fan then , we were always tied up at weekends helping to run the family business .

Breaks my heart now to see these old films and realise the missed opertunity to watch the great drivers who raced there at the time .

I did attend a revival meeting held at Aintree some years back which gave a taste of what we had missed all those years ago , I can only say that spectating must have been superb from the stands and terraces .

Sad to say its all gone now , except for a small part of the old track used for club sprints and a few bike and cart races , I believe even that is now under threat from the gods of development  . :t-up:

On a brighter note I did see Jimmy race at Oulton Park albiet in  F2 Lotus and the fabulous Cortina , he was indeed poetry in motion and my Hero at  the time 

Thought you might be along Bernie! I, too, saw Jim Clark in his Lotus Cortina (at Brands), and also at in the Daily Mail Race of the Champions at the same meeting. Imagine any modern F1 driver driving in a Formula One race and saloons at the same meeting. Living in the south, I never went to Aintree either, but went to Brands and Crystal Palace instead. It always seems as if there was a golden age that I lived through but somehow missed. Weird...