Mmmm, Honda's!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Called in at the factory on my way home from site on Friday; lovely line up of Mega S2000's!

IMAGE_40.jpg

IMAGE_41.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like the super charged cars had a few bits since I last saw it too, (seem to remember seeing a thread by TTS over on the Honda forum.

IMAGE_42.jpg

Just out of interest. Where do they source the engines?

I was under the impression that the customers sourced their own engines- as they are not new ones, westfield cant vouch for them???

Im not too sure about the intercooler position on that supercharger- this has been spoken about on the s2ki forum- apparently its "only" making 350hp, when the same setup could make 400hp with the right airflow. With the intercooler at an angle, Im sure its not helping with flow- Is there no way of squeezing it in front of the rad? Im sure there will be a thicker core rad on it, but Id be wanting to get it right at the front of the nose if poss. This is turn would mean you can fit the front mounted charger (as opposed to the side mounted one in the pic) meaning that the air filter could be pointed towards the current position of the intercooler.  Looking at that intercooler again, I think a lot of air is going to pass straight over it (unless they plan to fit a massive duct, that attached from the gaping hole right onto it?)

I was surprised to see the intercooler mounted where it is when I was at the factory.  I was expecting a front mounted item something similar to the 'Turbo Package' available from Radtec.

Also talking to Simon I understand that the standard Mega S2000 radiator is sufficient for a supercharged car, that said the car at the factory does have a bigger radiator that the owner supplied.

Agree about the intercooler, tried that back in 2004, it didn;t work. Put it in the nose, massive difference :d

TTS have done an interesting solution on a Duratec car that avoids some of the issues that sandwiching the intercooler in-front of the rad has, and also that the new position of the cooler shown above has.

Half a mo...

Also, don't forget that the white one is a customers car, so not all decisions are solely the factory's.

I know Mark Walker had originally designed quite a different IC arrangement, but it was ruled out on cost. So the simple black off the shelf one was fitted, that IIRC, it went off to TTS with. That wasn't good enough, so TTS - from their posts over on S2Ki, fitted the one currently on the car. Trouble is, by that time, everything had been cut and built round the position of the original IC.

The first black finished IC

IMG_0177.jpg

i know that car is tied down an a roller but its amazing how much it lifts with the throttle! ive never seen it quite like that before. .... cool

I was surprised to see how much the cars squat down when launching off the line at the Castle Comb Speed Series event. I think it was Rob's orange Zetec i noticed it on the most.

I'd love ot order up a MegaS2000 right now. Fed up of my car and its problems!

The shorter the intercooler pipes, the less turbo/charger lag there is, hence keeping the intercooler close to the engine.  I can see that fitting the intercooler in the nose will help with cooling but does not help  lag.

The shorter the intercooler pipes, the less turbo/charger lag there is, hence keeping the intercooler close to the engine. I can see that fitting the intercooler in the nose will help with cooling but does not help lag.

And bends are to be avoided too if possible... ;)

• 4 weeks later...