Upgradeitis nearly over....

SelfMadeTramp

I have just suffered my first annual (and hopefully the most expensive) bout of upgradeitis. Most of the time and money was spent on the cockpit, new JK's, new harnesses, new steering wheel and a new dashboard and tunnel top.

I've done the first blat today since finishing it all, to Castle Combe with the North Oxford group and some new friends from the Swindon area, and apart from some battery trouble, i'm very pleased with the result.

I don't think i am looking forward to next winter, nor is my bank manager....

Hope your upgrades have gone well, see you at Stoneleigh  :d

photo14_zps6581d652.jpg

photo21_zps3e8bf789.jpg

photo1_zpsbcedf55a.jpg

• Like 1

It looked great today Roger, well done mate.

Great fun today.

I hope you get the battery/charging issue sorted soon

Yeah the dash was just a rectangular blank in 4mm carbon from Julian at Aerodynamix, I had to design it, template it in 4mm ply and create it from scratch. It's taken bl##dy ages and caused me many headaches but it came out just about how I imagined it so I can't complain at the grief it gave me.

Cheers

Looks really great especially the dash!!

How have you fixed your drivers seat in and is it adjustable?

Thnx

The seats were a bit of a faff, the seat runners which are adjustable ones, were shorter than the distance between the floor mounting bars. I bought some 6mm thick by 25mm wide steel bar from B&Q and cut it to reach from the front crossbar to the rear bulkhead. I then bolted the runners to the bar, and the bar to the floor. Fitting required putting the seat fully forward to reach the rear bolts and line them up, then slide the seat back and reach the fronts. As long as you keep everything aligned and drill the floor holes out a bit then it's possible but a bit of a pain to do.

My JK's are 3943's which were longer than my original Westfield sports seats which makes entry and exit a bit harder but they are super comfortable even without the seat pads.  :)

Aha that is the same solution i'm going for with the runners - great minds think alike! I love my JKs got mine padded tho.

Clever shape on the dash - did you really have to make it so nice that I look at my dash now and think mmmm maybe I'll upgrade??? Thanks for nothing!! Haha

Clever shape on the dash - did you really have to make it so nice that I look at my dash now and think mmmm maybe I'll upgrade??? Thanks for nothing!! Haha

Me to................   ;)  :laugh:

Yeah the dash was just a rectangular blank in 4mm carbon from Julian at Aerodynamix, I had to design it, template it in 4mm ply and create it from scratch. It's taken bl##dy ages and caused me many headaches but it came out just about how I imagined it so I can't complain at the grief it gave me.

Cheers

As you say a headache but well worth it….good job…