Half hoods = GREAT!

peet

So fitted my Westy with its half hood. Mine is a CAGED roll bar so wasnt sure if it would fit but after a few emails and measurements tried it and it fits a treat. Def needs roof bars now tho keep getting bashed on the head as you go faster is no fun!! Gives a Westy a real retro look or as someone shouted 'it looks like something of whacky races!'....

20140314_172407-1_zpsdef7ee1a.jpg

I had mine on today for the blat to Castle Combe

SAM_1760_zpse42f7a2b.jpg

SAM_1769_zps6eb305cf.jpg

Yep, great bit of kit. Looks well with the MSA bar too,  :yes:  :cool: 

Mines nearly there. I've put the rear straps onto exhaust clamps on the stays, and put poppers on the windscreen corners but lts nowhere near under enough tension, which would probably pull the windscreen off anyway.

Thought it was going to rain today, so didn't rush. Will rain tomorrow

I drilled out 2 poppers where the old hood sat and fitted 2 riv nuts for the tenax fasteners then shortened and remelted the straps so all tight and tidy but still have the roof bars to make to stop my head getting bashed!

I do like the bag that came with it that straps to the roll bar. I'm hoping to get a padded bag for the doors so they can sit behind my seat - one good thing bout having short legs!

Agreed had mine for 3 weeks now great investment ...

• Like 1

Looks good. I'm thinking of getting one as the full hood that came with mine does not fit over the RAC bar.

Has anyone been out in the rain with one on? Be interested to know how it performs.

Yes, been out in the rain in mine, although it is SBFS made rather than Westfield.

It is very good, well pleased with mine

Tempted to change my full WF hood to one of these - how easy are they to fit? Will it make use of the existing rivets in the bodywork?

WF or SBFS?

It was very easy to fit. I drilled a corner popper out, fitted a riv nut and tenax post. Cut the straps down a bit and fits a treat.

I do have the hood support rails to figure out yet still...

Has anyone been out in the rain with one on? Be interested to know how it performs.

I was a lot drier than when I didn't have one! In incredibly heavy rain (proper summer downpour), I only got wet through the sides (if you had doors of course this wouldn't be a problem) and the rain collecting at the back then running along underneath. In a normal bit of rain, I stayed perfectly dry, it really does a good job at that stuff.