Another newbie introduction...

SJLB

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought Quinten's SEIW 2.0 Zetec.

I live in Bromley, Kent and I, like everyone else is looking forward to the summer fun in their toy.

A bit about me... I'm 43 and a father of two young girls who I love to bits so my time out in the car will be fairly limited and will need to be negotiated in advance.

In my teens and early twenties I used to race bikes (hence my profile pic at Cadwell circa 1992) but after buying a house and getting a proper job in '95 haven't done anything too interesting car or bike-wise since, so the timing for a mid-life crisis is perfect!

I still have one of my old bikes which I'm restoring to its former glory (a Harris Magnum3 GPz1000RX for anyone who knows their bikes) and the suggestion of keeping it for road use once done was enough leverage to negotiate a compromise, a Westfield it is. This seems to be a fairly common course of events for new owners.

So looking forward to meeting some like-minded people to blat with in the summer!

Steve

STEVE'S WESTFIELD

STEVE'S WESTFIELD 2.0 ZETEC

• Like 1

I like what you've done under the bonnet...  neat!

And good to see you've finally come out of the closet ;)  Enjoy summer!  :yes:  :westy:

I liked Quintens so much, the car I ended up purchasing looks almost the same. Glad to see you joined up!! :)

Big welcome to you. Your opening post made me smile really being in a fairly similar situation.... Few weeks a way from 42, two young daughters myself, limited time! You didn't mention that frown we have all seen from the Mrs from time to time seemingly more permanently etched on since the introduction of the Westy......... Mid life crisis? Yeaaah, hopefully!!

Welcome and enjoy many many miles in your Westy............hopefully we all get the weather we had last year and get some miles on the clock.........

Now a Harris that I like, my mate had a 900ss powered one in the late 80s and I had a Steve Wynn tuned 900ss engine, we always joked we needed to make them into one bike ;)

Your going to enjoy that car

Welcome to a new way of fun life

My daughter loves the Westie, two daughters might be a problem !!!!!!

welcome - car looks great :cool:

Hi and welcome from another ex bike racer,

A Westfield is as much fun as a bike so enjoy every minute whenever you can.

You may end up with arguments over whose turn it is for a passenger ride, I know I did, in fact still do even though my daughter has her own car now!!!

Welcome steve- good to see q's car found a great home. Ever race against chris Dabbs or Jon hill - both mates of mine and now both Westfield owners as well :-)

Welcome, it's a lovely looking car you've got yourself!

Hi Steve from across the Thames.    I'm still in Mid Life Crisis at 62 :yellow-westy: and long may it continue.