Show me your splitters....... ooooo!

Onliest Smeg David

I need to sort out a timing beam splitter for Speed Series and wondered what you peeps recommended in the way of somthing easily removable and fixings not seen when its not fitted!

Cheers :)

• Like 1

I think that the post concerns the vertical plate in front of the car, to break the timing beams, James, not a carbon "skirt" as made by Mick.

Most people make their own out of a piece of aluminium sheet, to the dimensions given in the blue book. However, if you want a "professional" job, I bought one from Caterham (I even have an account with their store dept.!) at quite modest cost. I know Westfield don't stock one. The Caterham one is the correct size, it has a simple flange to fix, and is painted matt black. I bought a couple of black plastic nuts and bolts (as used to fix number plates on some cars) and bolted it through my Westfield radiator grill.

Personally I never take it off, but then my car doesn't go on the public road very much. I've never had anyone one object though.

Thanks Stephen

James can't read :p

Was looking to probably make one, so wanted to see various designs.

But I'll consider purchasing as well.

Ally plate cable tied to the grill seems to work as I have seen a few like that.

apologies Smegster - i didn't read - there are a some lovely cardboard ones on the caterham site this week :-).

If you mount your timing bar on a  12 foot telescopic  pole would it make you quicker if you extended it mid-run ? :p

I made mine out of an old alloy billy can hammered flat and cut to shape with a 90 deg bracket bolted on

I used a thin alloy strip stuck to the inside of the grill with a heat gun then two plastic number plate bolts heat glued to it (like captive nuts)

So two number plate bolts and it's on or off in seconds

See photo I'll get a better close up tomorrow

BAR_1856_zps0ba76139.jpg

Ta Muchly

James - I'd need a 500m one to get target times :d

Made it into garage

07916D77-05AB-4F54-B536-EFEE3B3F4FA5_zps

It's to the dimensions in the blue book and you can probably just make out the flat plate it's lined up with at the bottom of the grill

Hi mate, I've recently made one for mine and have all the material left so would be happy to make one for you too, I've just uploaded a pic to my gallery.

I like the idea of having to have a large front wing in order to mount the timing splitter!

:) :)

Ta for offer BCF, looks sound.

Anyone else any different options?