Thanks

Yanto

You know this is the bestest forum i've ever been, or am a contributor and reader of!

Cheers 

Ian 

PS Proud to be a Westfield owner and member of the owners club!

• Like 9

Well said.   Briskoda is also a top forum.

• Like 1

How can I argue with a man who from his avatar obviously has such good taste in music? ;)

Thank you too - it's the members that make the club :t-up:

Tis a good forum, but one of the quieter ones ive been a member of.

And cheaper ;)

but you don't get the benefits that the WSCC produce in addition to just being a forum  :t-up:

• Like 1

No, that's true in a sense...  the glossy mag is a real asset and a great read.  Not sure if in this day and age of compooters a printed copy is still actual, but that's a completely different discussion ;)

Ultimately the people on here make the forum/club, and in that respect the WSCC is amongst the best :yes:

It's not just the mag, to be honest I skim through it in a few minutes myself...

it's things like the Blyton (previously Curborough) club weekend, Stoneleigh, the sprint school etc etc that you just don't get with the likes of Briskoda, VX220.org and others

and you're right, it's the people who make it and the reason I'm still a member 11 years after ever owning a Westfield and have made friends who, despite not seeing in the flesh (some just as well...) from one year to the next, remain good friends.

You'd be surprised how many members we have that never venture on to the Boardoom, for them, the mag is the main/only way outside of meets and events to keep up with the rest of the club. We occasionally have votes on it, and consistently the response is in favour of keeping the mag, often with many asking for it more frequently.

Of course, in this computerised age, we do, thanks to the sterling efforts of Peter, Scott and various other members, have a growing on-line archive of old club mags in electronic (pdf) format.

But in the end, it's "our" club, what comes out is what we all put in.

No, that's true in a sense...  the glossy mag is a real asset and a great read.  Not sure if in this day and age of compooters a printed copy is still actual, but that's a completely different discussion ;)

Ultimately the people on here make the forum/club, and in that respect the WSCC is amongst the best :yes:

I'd rather pay £20 per year and have it available as a PDF only format.

I used to be on the committee of Club GTI and we produced a quarterly club magazine very similar. As numbers dropped, the costs associated with the mag just didnt make sense. So we dropped the mag (after i produced 1 final PDF only version) and decresed the annual membership to £10.

I do like the free to read, pay to contribute method here though.

Tis a good forum, but one of the quieter ones ive been a member of.

As my other post, and just an observation :d You're not a member of a forum. Your a member of a club that happens to have a forum. However the forum is but a (small) part of everything else the club is and does. :d

We have many members and even some whole areas(!) that don't really frequent the forum at all. Yet they lead active "club lives" with well attended monthly meets and social events outside those meets. It always surprises me at Stoneleigh, how many really active club members I meet that I've never heard of/"met" on-line.

But then we have such a wide age spread of members from younger very much multi-media aware, right the way through to retired types that do include "Silver Surfers" as well as the very much None - IT - Literate!

It fascinates me how wide a spread we do have. Also make me more interested than ever to hear comments like yours, so that we can increase our reach to more memners and potential members.

As an AO, for instance, to publicise events to local members, I need to use the Magazine, Boardroom, Facebook, email and text services!  No single one or even two of those will reach all the local Cheshire and North Staffs members!

Agree, its difficult to balance when you have a very wide spread of members, from the young and hip online generation in their 20/30/40s to the much more senior that can barely turn a PC on.

We used to be like that with Club GTI, so many people that didnt frequent the forums. But in the end, the dwindling members (and fiercely competitive facebook groups and alternative forums) utlimately led people away. This decline in memberships just meant that the production of the magazine wasnt viable.

I guess you are lucky that the Westfield is very niche, and there is really only a few online resources/competitors to draw members away. Having very active regional organisers really does help. :)

I know what you mean about Face Book. It's a challenge. It's why we need to always be open to fresh views and opinions, some will work for us, some won't, but we keep pressing forward and developing!

The real spirit of the club though is out there on the black-stuff, on the road, on the track and even in pub car parks, up and down the land it's easy to forget sometimes, that everything else, ultimately facilitates that!

Not sure, ('cause I've never tried it), whether you get the same level of fun in more "tin-top" type blats and runs out that you do in Westfields, (and similar properly open/exposed vehicles). But when you do group/area runs, the fact that you are still so much in touch with what's going on around you, that you can see and hear(ish) your mates in the cars in-front and behind, that they are out of the ordinary and more of an event, really transforms the experience.

It's one of the reasons I always try and encourage new members who perhaps haven't been to a meet, or don't know what to expect, to pop along and give it a try.

Mind you, the downside of such open and exposed vehicles, is that many owners SORN them and stash them away over winter. This also can have an odd effect on the Boardroom, (it's less noticeable at meets, but you do see it there too); it does sometimes* get noticeably quieter on here in the same way it gets quieter, Westfield wise, on the roads. Then, as more cars come out of hibernation, you see the Boardroom get busier again. This has noticeably happened even over just the last three or four weeks.

*And sometimes we get "Winter Madness" kick in, thankfully we seem to have made a number of changes over the last few years that seem to have helped block that this year. But I'm ashamed to say occasionally in previous years we've seen some posting and behaviour that have no place in a club of supposedly like minded enthusiasts. It's always the same though, its like a sort of Seasonal Affective Disorder for Petrolheads, where the dark days and poor weather leave everyone frustrated and unable to use their cars.

Worth every penny, forgotten what it costs, but its good value !