What, No F1 Thread Yet?!

Doug Dastardly

Surprised nobodies mentioned this yet!

Not sure about:

The new noses

The new noises (reminds me of the jap car in cannonball run!) Prob sound better in the flesh ???

The aussie weather

Good stuff:

Martini paintjob is back :love:

Just watching the reply of qualifying and I agree about the sound very odd and kimi has just done a good job of remodeling his nose cone

But I reckon the race is going to be interesting with only 100 liters of fuel and the engine burning 100l per hour

Who do you reckon will win ?

Fancy Ham. if it holds together.

Would like a McLaren to Triumph , Pref. Button .

Wait and see. 

But I reckon the race is going to be interesting with only 100 liters of fuel and the engine burning 100l per hour

It's kg for fuel not litres I think... 

Still not very much - 33% less than last year

SPOILER ALERT

Good result for Rosberg, the Silver Arrow looked like, well, like a Red Bull from the last four years.  Pity about Lewis' power unit, that would have been a tasty battle.

Impressive from McLaren as well, and the Williams will develop too - not sure about the Ferrari yet.

As for Red Bull, could be a weekend gone from low expectations to great result for Riccardo to depths of despair if his performance was down to excessive fuel flow - I'm sure they're triple checking the data and the amount of fuel left in the tank, but disqualification looms...

More cars finished than I had thought!

It's kg for fuel not litres I think...

Still not very much - 33% less than last year

yeah your right only because the volume can change with temperature but the weight stays the same, but it can't be by very much.

What a race for bottas just a shame he took his rear wheel out got more point in the race for Williams than the whole of last season I believe

Bottas was rightly disappointed at the end. I'd have been interested to see him take it to the McLarens, which I'm sure he was on course for.

I'll be interested to see if Rosberg will press home his advantage in the way Button did in the first 6 races in the 2009 season with BrawnGP.

As for Red Bull, could be a weekend gone from low expectations to great result for Riccardo to depths of despair if his performance was down to excessive fuel flow - I'm sure they're triple checking the data and the amount of fuel left in the tank, but disqualification looms...!

From the BBC

Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo has been excluded from the Australian Grand Prix after breaching fuel consumption rules.

The Australian, 24, crossed the line second, behind race winner Nico Rosberg of Mercedes in Melbourne.

The sport's governing body, the FIA, has installed a fuel-flow sensor in each car to ensure teams do not exceed the maximum fuel-flow rate of 100kg/h.

Stewards said Ricciardo's car exceeded the rate "consistently". Red Bull say they will appeal.

McLaren's Kevin Magnussen has been promoted to second with his team-mate Jenson Button moving up to third.

So, I guess we'll see how the appeal goes, how gutting for him though, as an Ausi especially, to loose the podium.

Yes, and apparently Red Bull were told about it mid-race by the FIA and advised to turn down the flow rate, to which they replied that it was the FIA sensor at fault, not the flow rate, and declined to do so.  Time will tell, but the odds aren't great as the FIA has backup info as well as primary info. It would explain why what was a bit of a dog in pre-season testing suddenly had the legs of a greyhound.

Other teams also had the same issue and reduced fuel pressure to ensure any spikes were no more than 100kg/hour. RedBull decided to fiddle with the sensor readings instead. They should have know better.

so it seems like the OZ organisers are having a moan at the lack of volume ... compo is being talked about so i guess they had better get in touch with injurylawyers4u or the like...

in the meantime if anyone is unsure of the rule changes this is a nice sensible summary :)

http://eveningharold.com/2014/03/15/noise-free-hybrid-anteaters-our-guide-to-the-new-f1-season/#more-189832

so it seems like the OZ organisers are having a moan at the lack of volume ... compo is being talked about so i guess they had better get in touch with injurylawyers4u or the like...

in the meantime if anyone is unsure of the rule changes this is a nice sensible summary :)

http://eveningharold.com/2014/03/15/noise-free-hybrid-anteaters-our-guide-to-the-new-f1-season/#more-189832

Thats the best break down of the new regs I have seen so far very informative :-)

How many pots do these new engines have, I know they are limited to 1600cc. To me they sound like a slightly louder Vauxhall Corsa 3 pot.

• Like 1

They're V6's aren't they .