Just a quick hello

Bigchris092

Looking forward to join the runs out.I'm in Bury, Manchester. I know two others that are members on here, although i don't know the usernames :p Both live in Ramsbottom.

Hi Chris

Tis me lives next to Steve n Jamie.

Welcome

I'm always up for a 'gentle' (although Ive been told you dont do gentle :p ) drive out when free.

I'll introduce you to t'other local members when you get to a meet.

Also - look out for Blyton track day & the convoy down to Stoneleigh.

And a few of us are hoping to get to some local autosolos.

I'm sure local AOs will be in tough soon.

Welcome. I'm guessing you know Dave

Thats me :)

• Like 1

I will have a run over and show you my progress so far. A few bits and bobs to sort for the MOT but nothing major. Will look into a track day. Looks ace

• 2 weeks later...

20131129_162608_zpsz5wvfrnu.jpg[/url]

The old xflow lifted out for a winter rebuild. My car had certainly seen better days when I first bought it.

20131201_162235_zpsmmkltvbq.jpg

20131201_162325_zpsqgvkgdfv.jpg

My valves could be slapped around in the guides :( Valves couldn't seal grease never mind combustion gases :p No unleaded seats (after a year of running unleaded)

20140122_175159_zpswyntebtd.jpg

I was really excited to see this.

20140208_183133_zpswlj7x2rb.jpg

First time I looked at this I was certain the machine shop had destroyed my bores, looks so rough!

20140223_145632_zpshjhshokp.jpg

New rings, bottom end shells, water pump, oil pump and the head work. Looking good.

20140307_193937_zpsyw1iicvq.jpg

20140311_173330_zpsk5uq7iby.jpg

After my first ever engine build, It seems to be running well, few issues with ignition timing and exhaust gaskets but hey, I don't have a clue what i'm doing :p Makes it more fun. 

That's major work Chris, in at the deep end aren't you. At least you are on a rapid learning curve.