Silverstone Track Day - any good...?

Andy Banks

I just got back from a Silverstone GP Trackday (today!!)

Awesome circuit - lots of corners that flow into each other. And a good workout for the V8..

It was only £185 with Lotus-on-Track.

Dry and Sunny, not too hot, track open 'til 5pm. - Why wait for the summer prices ;-)

I tried out a remote mic with my GoPro - to lessen the wind noise and hear the engine on the videos..

Worked a treat (maybe I'll add a link..)

Lucky this month with the weather and still "out of season" prices.   Love to hear the V8 around Silverstone Justin.

OK. I just copied a recording to my laptop and dug out a lap without traffic (rare!)

But my laptop needs another 45mins to now 'finalise' the movie!

My car has a rear exit exhaust and I positioned the mic near the number plate..

Boy does it sound angry!! - It must be pretty darn loud just there!! 

That's one angry V8, love it.    Just fitted my AA Composites screen a s well.

Andy,

Why dont you ask our new trackday guru to approach Silverstone to see if they would do a WSCC day?

Silverstone may do us a deal on one of their days or we might find a good option with another TDO but there would be nothing exclusive, you need about 120 cars to make a day pay for itself on the GP layout……………….

For my view though, while driving any GP track feels special, Silverstone is nowhere near as good for our cars as some other the ones that Matt mentioned.  

I'm about to post up a day at Cadwell next month, we've got a deal at the start of the Easter weekend at £127 open pit lane; at that price you could cover any extra fuel to get up there, a B&B for two nights, dinner, beer, a couple of instruction sessions and still have £100 change from doing a day on the GP circuit.