GoPro and new phone...will this work?

stu999

I have reached the time of contract life when it is time to choose a new phone. The phone of choice this time could well be a Galaxy S4.

A quick question...I understand the S4 is microSD compatible. Does this mean I could take the card out of the GoPro, pop the card into the S4 and potentially view the mornings raw  trackday footage on the phone?     

You could, if the S4 supports the format the go-pro records in. Would be pretty likely though as MP4

ETA: Check the s4 supports MP4 and h.264 codec.

You might need to download the goPro app for Android, if you have the latest camera it is wifi and you can then control/set all the GoPro functions from the phone :yes:  a lot easier than through the camera interface !! If its a Hero 2 then there is a wifi module that connects to the back of the camera and case to put it all in. 

Aye, I have the app on the current iPhone 4s. What I can't currently do is watch any gopro footage until I get access to my laptop the app only allows live footage...just wondering if a microSD compatible phone as the S4 can do that?

I have reached the time of contract life when it is time to choose a new phone. The phone of choice this time could well be a Galaxy S4.

A quick question...I understand the S4 is microSD compatible. Does this mean I could take the card out of the GoPro, pop the card into the S4 and potentially view the mornings raw trackday footage on the phone?

I have S4 & gopro - excellent!

Can use GoPro Android app to control it and watch Videos on on S4 from GoPro via wifi. Works a treat.

Go pro records in mp4 which is compatible with S4.

If I was you wait for the new S5 that's coming out in a couple of months

• Like 1

Been wondering about a GoPro for a while, can you use the WiFi to view what the GoPro is seeing live?

For instance if I am on the starting grid with the GoPro recording and the wife is in pit lane can she use an Ipad or similar to view what the camera can see?

Depending on range, but potentially yes mate

Yep, but wifi will suck the battery dry much quicker

Cam, which gopro are you going for ? I can't decide...

The black is huge money, though I understand it's superb quality, i only want to view my runs in half decent clarity ...

I went for 3+ Silver, even not at it's highest quality the picture is great on a tv.

For Buying and Advice to meet your requirements I can highly recommend AdamR wscc member/trader.

He was brill when I was purchasing one.

WSCC member discount as well.

Fwiw Stu I've had an S4 for a while, great phone and waiting for an S5.

Iphone, pah;-);-)

I went for 3+ Silver, even not at it's highest quality the picture is great on a tv.

For Buying and Advice to meet your requirements I can highly recommend AdamR wscc member/trader.

He was brill when I was purchasing one.

WSCC member discount as well.

Agreed, service second to none :)

Richard, the iPhone 4s had Siri, which I use a surprising amount. But you also realise just how limited they can be compared to other offerings - memory expansion being one of them. In fact I find that as probably the most frustrating thing...!

I might just run iphone on a SIM card for a couple of months now, and see what the S5 is like in the real world... :-)