Vehicle Tax Discs

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

As from October 2014 the requirement to display a tax disc will be removed.

As part of this change, when you sell your car you cannot transfer the outstanding road tax to the new owner, you have to reclaim it and the new owner has to tax the vehicle.

You can pay your road tax by direct debit, and this will automatically debit your account for as long as you own the vehicle. A SORN declaration will suspend the direct debit.

Have a look at Gov.UK, Vehicle Tax Changes for more info.

What will I put in my tax disc holder? 

Don't want to remove it as it'll leave a hole. 

A picture of our other halves, who put up with our man-hobbies. Just for brownie points, ofcourse.

• Like 1

I spotted that too

On a serious note; could potentially stick some kind of 'arm fixture' through it for the TomTom (or similar) on blatts? My issue currently with an aeroscreen; albeit the sunction pad works, its a real b******* to get into the right position due to the flat mounting pane.

Simple then we just need some round WSCC stickers of tax disc sort of size

A round WSCC "badge" is what I was thinking of sticking in mine, probably something with the website address on it. 

And a lot will already know you don't need your insurance or MOT certificate either any more, just your tax renewal......

And a lot will already know you don't need your insurance or MOT certificate either any more, just your tax renewal......

yeah its a registered somewhere so they check it electronically.

i think the direct debit is a great idea cant wait, i guess they will charge a premium for it which is wrong.