Westfield Driving Shoes.

benc

Hi Guys,

I think I'm right in thinking that I'm not the only one who stuggles to drive a westfield in normal trainers.

A few people have said to me before you can get driving shoes which make it so much easier but I never made a note of where they said to go!!

Can anybody tell me, Wheres best online to shop for some.

Thanks

Demon tweeks have a large range..

Dont buy white shoes and have bare ally panels in your car, they end up with black marks on them which dont come of as my friend found out :d

• Like 1

Playskool ones are good

Any of the motorsport or karting clothing outlets is a good place to start. I personally wear a pair of Oakley Race Low Shoes like this :)

race_low_shoes_-_closeout_1_full.jpg

I've got some adidas (adiracer or something like that, have goodyear on the side) they are light and slim plus some driving boots from playskool.

Playskool boots and some Nike slim and thin sole trainers.

Worth trying them on rather than buying online.  If you can, then you might find you can get away with a slightly slimmer pair.

I've got a pair of retro OMP ones that look almost shoe-like under a pair of jeans instead of screaming "driving boots".

Just me then that's using an old pair of slippers. :d.  Though with a narrow car and size 11 feet I'm not sure I have many options.

Actually find it more comfortable to drive in my socks...

Puma Drift cats for me (3 pairs!)

I always bought OMP carting shoes from Tweeks as they were only £30 I dont know what they are now can't be much more.... I just didnt see the point in buying race shoes and paying more cos they were nomex... if you are involved in an accident where you feet are on fire that will be the least of your problems!

Buzz

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Chaps,

Even though I only have size 9's I still wasn't too happy driving in normal trainers (I have a narrow body Westie)

I know there are specific diving shoes - but I wanted something a little more old bloke like.

To be frank I was worried if I got race shoes, folk would mistake me for the secret love child of Nigel Mansell and Wayne Sleep

I thought about rock climbing shoes as they seemed quite skinny, but these were all a ton or more, then I found a pair of these in my local Sports Direct (no affiliation what so ever)

http://www.ca.skechers.com/en-ca/product/63246/odesa-goredo/brn/

The sole is narrower than the body, so nothing to snag and because the laces are so deep I could go to a size 8 and still get into them OK.

And SD are cheap, got them for £35..!

The difference was really quite amazing, to the point I can actually wiggle my foot about when its on the throttle.

And there have been no accidental heel and toe moments since.

So an option if you are looking for something.

I went for karting boots like many others have done. Never a problem after a recent track day or many road trips. Only cost about 20-30 pounds off the bay

I have to admit, the older I get, the less keen I am on wearing my race pixie boots when just out for a blat or a run out to an event, show etc. So I do keep reading these threads with interest. Really do fancy something a bit more shoe like.