Scottish Area: Stoneleigh Show Road Trip

Rab (bombero) Reid

Alistair, are you camping on Saturday night as well?

I'm planning on going down on Saturday, staying two nights, returning on Monday.

Might tag along with you both.

Will be on the Tiger site though.

I think Angus has something booked up the road a bit from Stonleigh on the Saturday night but we are definitely camping the Sunday night. You would be most welcome to chum us down the road  till we peel off for our B&B. That would see you most of the way with some company. I can keep you informed if that will help.

I'm heading down on Saturday lunch time ish. Back up on Monday. Jim I will be performing the camping both nights at the moment looks like I will be sleeping in the car though.

Suggestion

There are a number of us travelling down on the Saturday and returning on Monday. I don't know about you but the mean time between failures on my Sylva so far have certainly been less than 300miles (not entirely surprising from a relatively new build). Both Angus and I are driving Sylva products so double trouble or enhanced like hood of arrival (glass half full or empty may apply here).

Would it be a sensible thing to be able to text each other either on route or at the show.

If you do break down you could text your location and prognosis or any needs for parts etc. When at the show we could meet up for coffee and a chat

Alastair = 07974 919603

It would be better to meet somewhere on the M74 perhaps Abindon services and travel together. I dont mind taking kit, tools etc as long as its not too much or heavy.