Scottish Area: Stoneleigh Show Road Trip

Rab (bombero) Reid

Okay guys, I'm thinking that it's better to start gauging opinions sooner rather than later on this one to see if it's viable. I've been the last couple of years and I know that Alastair (theprisoner) + 1 also go down.

The show is on Sunday 4th - Monday 5th but camping/setting up is avaliable from Saturday 3rd should you wish to camp. I've stayed locally in a wee hotel (Rugby), which is just 10 minutes from the showground, where there's ample off-street secluded parking! :t-up:  It's no Hilton but you get to good night rest and a decent brekky!

I would suggest that this'll need some organising from our end and my first thoughts are around a support van a la Applecross. It obviously relies on a volunteer .. .. and a van!

Secondly, what are your thoughts about going? Let's guage numbers of interested parties and are you interested in taking your Westy/Seven/kit car?

• Like 1

C'mon guys .. are you lot still hibernating! :p

LOL never !!! was out in a mates westie on Saturday ..............need to check the work rota first 

I struggle with commitment too, but I'd love to go at least once.

I'm defo not a camper, nice hotel sounds good.

As for which car to take....it would depend on the forecast at the time. And before you call me soft remember that it would be over 1000 miles round trip for me!

Doug

I struggle with commitment too, but I'd love to go at least once.

I'm defo not a camper, nice hotel sounds good.

As for which car to take....it would depend on the forecast at the time. And before you call me soft remember that it would be over 1000 miles round trip for me!

Doug

Call you soft? Never! You live in the frozen North, mind! If you've got the time, you could break up your trip with a stopover here.

Be great to see you lads make it down  :yes: 

I know I met Rab, the other year! It's a cracking weekend, and an amazing Westfield experience if you can make it in the toy cars!

• Like 1

Be great to see you lads make it down  :yes:

I know I met Rab, the other year! It's a cracking weekend, and an amazing Westfield experience if you can make it in the toy cars!

We did indeed and great to meet so many other members .. and their cars! :westy:  :white-westy:  :black-westy:  :orange-westy:  :lg-westy:  :dg-westy:

might dig out the mankinee again ??????

Bob, it's a family event .. can you not just wear your leotard and tutu?

Wouldn't be a problem staying in Edinburgh, I have two cousins and GF's brother lives in East Linton (he was in haddington until recently, and I always kept one eye open for a yellow car when down)

Give me a nudge when you need to book things.

Doug

• Like 1

Uh Uh can't make this one !!! at work  :down:  :down:

• 1 month later...

Anyone planning this?

I might have to work, not sure yet.

Also might be tempted to fly :o for a quick visit. It would take 2 days each way otherwise :down:

theprisioner + constant builder + 1 other are heading down Saturday in the kits 2off at 2pm if you want safety in numbers you are welcome to join us for the trip south. We are camping on site Sunday night weather permitting driving back Monday. The kits are both Sylva's........... that should generate some bolts of lightening from the Westie camp.

Well done, Alastair!

Unfortunately, there wasn't any interest coming from the Scottish region so it's a no-go for this year for a McWesty road trip .. I'll try and conjure up more interest for next year.

I'm still going to go down but just in the tintop this year. Traveling down Saturday about lunchtime and coming back Sunday late afternoon.