Nurburgring 2014

rbrincat

Hi guys,

A couple of years ago I read an article of a group of Westys going up to the Nurburgring for a day. A friend of mine is planning of taking his custom build seven from Malta up to the Nurbrugring and the plan is set for the month of July. Since I have read that some of you guys have already done this trip, I wanted to check if anyone else is planning to pay the Nurburgring a visit this summer.

Also, the rumour is that this the Nurburgring will be closed soon since it is not  economically viable any more and therefore it might be the last chance of driving on the Nurburgring. I'm also thinking of joining in but it all depends on the possibility of being off from work during that time.

So guys, if any of you are planning of going to the Nurburgring during the month of July, we might try to target the same date and meet there for a day.

Hi, I've just planned and booked a trip to Nurburgring for the 12th to 16th June for me and 16 friends.

Various cars going from 911 GT3's, Elises, M3's etc. Yes I am driving the aero screen westy over :)  Your welcome to join! We are staying (pretty much taking over) 2 large nice guesthouses in Wimbach, 1/2 mile from Adenau where we have stayed for the last many years. Have done 2 trips a year since I could drive really.. love it there, although I remember when laps cost less than 15 Euros :(

If you have any questions about where is good to stay, eat or anything at all please ask.

ETA: Best place to check opening times is here-

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/angebote/motor-action/tourist-rides-nordschleife/opening-times-nordschleife.html

• Like 1

Insurance?

All UK policies wordily exclude nurburgring...

Been there done that, made a successful claim before it all changed !

How are you sorting?

Cheers Bob

More the merrier!! We are a friendly bunch :) a few of us friends since school, and other friends who we met at trackdays/car clubs over the years :)

There is still a few guest houses available in wimbach, or Adenau, I find they offer the best value, most friendly, and car accommodating. Plus more to eat and drink in Adenau :) (except pistenklause b4 anyone says) than at nurburg itself.

We are getting euro tunnel on Thursday 12th June 9:20am departure.

Return Monday 16th June at 15:50 (local time)

Insurance - I've used it before but sometimes don't. It's around £100-150 a day depending on number of days. Think last year I paid £220 for 2 days with £700ish excess??

Well worth having ADAC cover too, if you break down abroad or on the ring, they'll tow you (save 180 euro fee) and you can use it in the UK and there is no age limit to car etc! Premium is 79euro.

Ah there is a solution then

Folk on north loop keep it close to their chest

Can you post up details?

If you prefer to PM me details then I will keep them to myself and not post online

Cheers Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Reis and Moris and Trackday insurance is all well and good. But that's all they cover. You are effectively uninsured on TF days.

I've been there and got the hat, but I will not ever take my own car on there again (unless it's an organised track day). Dump your oil, have a few £m claim against you, worst case someone dies and it will ruin the rest of your life.

• 2 weeks later...

Paulm3, how many of you guys will be with Westfields or sevens? 

Just me in a westy, there's 4x Elise's, Toyota AE86, E46 M3, 2x MX5's and a 911 confirmed so far.

We plotted a scenic route there and fast route back.

• 1 month later...

Have been with the westfield once about four years ago with my university motorclub. who run an annual trip every year. I am hoping to go again this year at the end of september to join them, if only for one of the weekends.

We camped near by and made a 9 day week of it eating currywurst, drinking german beer, and sitting round camp fires. Ignorantly, naively or otherwise, most went just on normal UK insurance that included european cover. Some took out adac breakdown cover, one of which used it when it ran out of tallent and had the car recovered from the track, held in a compound for half a week, and shipped home on the next lowloader of crashed brit metal.

I know Richard Egger (of Insurance Services fame) and although now retiered when we have talked about it he was quite clear that they can offer insurance for the ring, and I belive at least at one point, they where the only one to offer it. Although I would not be supprised if others also now offer it, certainly I seen no reason why they shouldnt.

Personally I was not racing, more treating it like a nice country road that was unlikely to have traffic coming the wrong way, aimed to go our at quieter times, passengered a few times before going out and im between my runs, and only did four laps myself during the week. I didnt ask anyone to time it for me, or time it myself, and although one of the group did time me he was careful not to tell me the time until after I had confirmed I was not planning to do any more laps.

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a friend pull out of our trip :(

Means I have a 1 double/twin bedroom apartment at Guest House Lara in Wimbach, Near Adenau going spare. My friends and I have all 3 houses in a row booked next to this.

I can transfer it to your name, it has free cancelation till 2 days before arrival date and is 220 Euros for Arrive Thurs11th to Mon 16th June for 2 people.

Thought I'd offer it to anyone that fancies coming rather than cancelling it on Booking.com first....