Water Temperature

cszjrh

I'm afraid it is, although I would have liked to have made it up.

"All objects at temperatures above absolute zero emit thermal radiation. However, for any particular wavelength and temperature the amount of thermal radiation emitted depends on the emissivity of the object's surface. Emissivity is defined as the ratio of the energy radiated from a material's surface to that radiated from a blackbody (a perfect emitter) at the same temperature and wavelength and under the same viewing conditions. It is a dimensionless number between 0 (for a perfect reflector) and 1 (for a perfect emitter). The emissivity of a surface depends not only on the material but also on the nature of the surface. For example, a clean and polished metal surface will have a low emissivity, whereas a roughened and oxidised metal surface will have a high emissivity. The emissivity also depends on the temperature of the surface as well as wavelength and angle."

Bob :d :d :d :d

So as long as it doesn't boil its OK.

I've only got stuck in traffic once, and when the fan came on it blew the fuse and then boiled, so just accept you can't win.

Now I've got a 75 degree thermostat and I worry why its running so cool

I reckon there's a big difference between the behavior of a modern tintop and a Westy.  My last few tintops have warmed up in a mile or so and the gauage stays at 90 no matter what I'm doing...

My fan comes on when I tell it to.....

With a switch

Up to temp after 5 mins of driving and barely goes below 75