Olympic Curling

Captain Colonial

Out of interest why is it popular in Scotland? Are there proper facilities to be found up there? I don't think I've ever seen mention of it at my local ice rink in the past.

You could argue so much sport is not Actually real sport.

I have never tried curling but can see it is a great team game with great skill and tactics required.

It is not all about running around breaking a sweat

Out of interest why is it popular in Scotland? Are there proper facilities to be found up there? I don't think I've ever seen mention of it at my local ice rink in the past.

I believe the sport was developed in Scotland. More likely to get frozen ponds there in winter, before the invention of ice rinks. A lot of Scottish people wound up in Canada, hence the popularity there. You see more ice rinks in Scotland and the sport is popular. No doubt there will be many more people wanting a go now. A bit like cycling in recent years after the success of Hoy, Wiggens etc.

Jen

There are 20 odd Curling courts in Scotland but only 1 in each of England and Wales.    You really should listen closely to Clare Balding :t-up: