Olympic Curling

Captain Colonial

Well done to the Brit ladies for getting bronze in the Olympic Curling, and good luck to the men's team in their quest for gold! :t-up:

A shame they dropped this particular curling discipline below after the 2006 Winter Games, I really enjoyed it, but people protested :(

kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

• Like 1

and some very nice looking women

Sorry Matt, disagree :rolleyes:

Physical exertion - 180 heart beats per minute for sweepers.

What about skill, tactics, strategy, concentration etc etc.

Yup. They interviewed the girls team tonight - the sweepers do two sessions in the gym 7 days a week.

And I'm not gay or owt :blush:  - but I couldn't help but notice the British Captain is built like  a brick out-house - as are many of the others! Doubt that is co-incidence...

And as Gary says, skill, strategy, concentration, teamwork, years of practise and dedication. Definitely a sport!!!! . 

What about skills, concentration, etc? Those don't make it a sport unless you think kids playing battlefield on their games console are partaking in a sport? :rolleyes: The argument for the high speed sweeping isn't unreasonable though. Can't see why they would need to be well built for it so that may just be personal choice.

Have you seen how heavy the stone things they're controlling actually are? (17-20 kg)

Have you seen how heavy the stone things they're controlling actually are? (17-20 kg)

Indeed.

And I guess the fact that it is currently chosen an Olympic discipline by folk more qualified than ourselves makes it a sport.

But perhaps 'Battlefield' may feature in the Olympics when the current generation grow up!!! :d  :p    

Not a sport! Good that we won a medal anyway though

Oooh my! You need to go and try this. The players at the Olympic level are totally dedicated and spend a great deal of their time staying in shape, not only physically but also mentally, this is a sport that involves mental and physical conditioning.

i'm loving the curling and the great success Scotland has enjoyed in this sport…. debs and I were amazed and wandered how clean their kitchen floors must be!!!  :p

If Scotland goes independent, then that's more medals GB won't be seeing at the next Winter Olympics. Plus our only good men's tennis player at Wimbledon.

Indeed.

And I guess the fact that it is currently chosen an Olympic discipline by folk more qualified than ourselves makes it a sport.

But perhaps 'Battlefield' may feature in the Olympics when the current generation grow up!!! :d:p

The same people that would include golf over squash in the summer games? Yep I totally trust in their judgement!

I do hope my quip about computer games is way off the mark but I wouldn't want to put money on it!