2014 Target Times

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

This year's Target Times have now been finalised and are available as a download below in PDF format.

Also I have just sent an email to all competitors who have entered. So if you have entered and not received your email please PM me.

2014 Target Times Final.pdf

The amount of time, effort and money you have put into your car, I bet you would be very dissapointed if you didn't go faster  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Ready for the replies :667125_1: :laugh:  :yes:

Ready for the replies :667125_1: :laugh:  :yes:

My first thought too, I assume Tel and the usual suspects are still sharpening their swords ;)

My first thought too, I assume Tel and the usual suspects are still sharpening their swords ;)

I'm going into the Pretzel & popcorn business with Memb Sec. Were going to clean up :d :D :d

• Like 1

I am very pleased with the proposed target times but in class G and D they may prove difficult to beat in 2014

Well, you asked for it!

How come classes c,d & e all get the same target time for LDMC Anglsey?

How come classes F & D, and C & E shares target times at a number of venues?

By the way, this is an observation not an assault on target times ( which I agree with).

I would like to thank all the SSOT for taking there time to sort this out.  

Nick and SSOT thanks for all the work that has gone into these.

Well, you asked for it!

How come classes c,d & e all get the same target time for LDMC Anglsey?

How come classes F & D, and C & E shares target times at a number of venues?

By the way, this is an observation not an assault on target times ( which I agree with).

I would like to thank all the SSOT for taking there time to sort this out.  

As I have said a few times, forum's are not really the place to get into some of the details of things, but it's worth a quick explanation.

The SSOT laid down some fundementals for Target Times and one of these was that in general higher classes should always be quicker than lower classes within the same cc split. So G quicker than E, quicker than C, quicker than A. The same for H,F,D,B. So where C or A had set a time that was quicker the "higher class" was bumped up and if appropriate the higher cc split class as well. Very much a judgement call, but one made on analysis of data from previous years.

The other comment to make is that wherever possible the WSS Class Record at that track was used as the Target.

What I need to also say is that right or wrong, these are the times. They have been set in good faith and are believed to be a "good" set of targets for people to go for. I am sure that I could have 50 different conversations with individual people and listen to all sorts of "special" cases as to why a time should be changed, but that isn't going to happen. They are set and if you don;t like them, don;t compete, simple :d :D

Come September / October towards the end of the season i will as always ask for views on the Speed Series so that the SSOT can consider them at their meeting early November. That is the time to put forward your ideas on how to improve what we have got, happy to listen then and where they make sense to the team good ideas are implemented.

Well done to Nick and the SSOT, a relatively thankless but necessary task that brings zero rewards - unless you count headaches, debates, discontentment in the ranks and being unpopular as rewards! :laugh:  :t-up:  :cool:

Ie Barry and others set some cracking times in c & d last year

I think the times are reasonable and if I can shed 8 stone by 22nd of march I should be ok in A

I think the times are reasonable and if I can shed 8 stone by 22nd of march I should be ok in A

Really!!!!!!!

What secret have you now installed in your machine and yourself to achieve them  :p

I know I'll have no chance  :down:

But am hoping to improve  :)

He's going to use the nitro oxide aerosol propellant from the cream filled donuts ;)

• Like 1