Red Top 15 or equivalent battery

griffith500user

As per title, my battery is now officially dead and I am seeking a replacement.

Just buy a new one, no point in buying a used one.

• Like 1

What Bernie said. With the best will in the world, and buying from the best owner in the world, its still too  much of a lottery buying one second hand.

Even some shops/dealers don't know how to store the things correctly. Batteries are one only a of few things in Westfield land that can if not looked after, actually degrade significantly just while being stored. Even if brand new when put away.

They're also something not so easy to test the condition of yourself when buying. And something that can appear, in ideal circumstances, to work perfectly. Yet give some very random and mysterious symptoms later on.

Take advantage of the offer that was being posted about recently on here, and get yourself a new one, with a warranty ;)

Good advice guys, I suppose after spending all that cash on the engine install (gulp!) I was annoyed that my battery had given up the ghost and didn't want to spend that extra cash. I take it I can find the offer you refer to by searching on the site?

PowerVamp PVR 22 Clubsport one's with brackets are on eBay at the moment for £39.99/49.99 with bracket(Seller: Powervap-racing),  think others on here have bought one of top of my head from a thread a while ago.

Here you go, these are the Ebay ads Paul mentioned, clicky

Brilliant, thanks. Ordered up straight away, what good value! I bought a red top 15 for my Ralt last summer for £100+ and a seperate bracket akin to the one this comes with for £30. What a difference.

:yes:

Asked my mate about this battery, powervamp pvr22. This was his comment…

The max charge rate of 6A worries me, with an alternator capable of putting out 30A plus. I am not sure whether the battery will charge at this rate if you have had to crank the engine over a long time before starting.

What's your thoughts???

Andy

I haven't fitted it yet but will keep you posted.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.