If anyone's interested......

Norman Verona

Afternoon Norman, how are the bookings going. Hope all is well.

Bob :(

Fab that cars almost as old as u norm !

Some lovely cars there. Great to see a few in unrestored condition.

I noticed the Elan chassis with a 'twink' engine. I owned/operated/maintained one of those for several years but I never heard of a twink. Sometimes called a Kent Motor. The most 'fun' I had with that engine was replacing the water pump. To do the job right, you have to pull the engine (because of the way the valve cover and sump gaskets are arranged), then the water pump was press-fit assembled to the inside of the timing chain cover.

so...  what's a 'twink'?

A twin cam......

It looks like you had a great day out Norman.

Thanks for posting the pics :t-up:

That first Bugatti is gorgeous. The Riva would be a nice addition to the garage too...

I think the Riva is a Chris Craft  

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=chris+craft+1960&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=52BFB2DCB36129C732895CA455541947EC53BC1B&selectedIndex=108

How do I know....I had one as a Uni student in the 1970's, couldn't give them away!  Chrysler hemi engine, 6v electrics, spent most of its time trying to sink!

I got it after it sank it Poole Harbour, rebuilt it, and passed it on after it sank in the Hamble estuary off Southampton.

I shall add this to my collection of things I wish I'd kept if only I could have seen 40 years into the future....

lovely :t-up:

a group of us are going to Circuit Des Remparts again this year Norm if you fancy popping over

Cleggey, might join you this year.

Sorry, FBB, it's a 1966 Riva Aquarama. It's for sal from Osenat in Paris for 250,000€ (sorry, not pounds).

Bob, not many bookings yet. I might let members of other clubs come.