2010 Westfield SEiW 2.0 Zetec (SDV) £8,500 - Sold!

Quinten

To err is human... but to buy a Westfield for a 80 mile commute is silly :down:

2010 Westfield SEiW 2.0 Zetec (SDV) 1/12

Some history:

The car was bought as an SDV kit from Westfield in 2003, sold on as an unfinished project in 2009, build completed and registered for the road in November 18th 2010 on age related plate. Constructed from all new Westfield sourced components with the exception of the donor parts: engine (Mondeo), gearbox, diff, steering, uprights and brakes (Sierra).

I'm the 2nd owner (1st owner completed the build, his 3rd Westfield build, and put it through the IVA) and when I bought it in November 2013, it had approx 350 miles on the clock. The car is taxed until the end of April 2014 and the MOT expires on July 9th 2014.

2010 Westfield SEiW 2.0 Zetec (SDV) 2/12

2010 Westfield SEiW 2.0 Zetec (SDV) 3/12

2010 Westfield SEiW 2.0 Zetec (SDV) 4/12

The specification:

Post-office red SEiW bodywork
V8 bonnet and ducted nose
Detachable rear arches
Carbon effect front cycle wings
Black sports seats with red piping on runners
RAC rollbar

2010 Westfield SEiW 2.0 Zetec (SDV) 10/12

2010 Westfield SEiW 2.0 Zetec (SDV) 11/12

2010 Westfield SEiW 2.0 Zetec (SDV) 6/12

2 litre silvertop Zetec with Westfield fuel injection
Retro-Ford water manifold
Race engine mounts
Shortened sump
Type 9 5-speed gearbox with short shifter
3.62 Sierra LSD with bolt on Lobros
Wasp high torque starter motor
Wrapped standard Westfield manifold and exhaust
MBE967 ECU/ignition with mapping lead
VDO gauges
Standard Westfield heater
15” alloys with 195/45 tyres (approx 5mm tread)
Solid rear and vented front discs

2010 Westfield SEiW 2.0 Zetec (SDV) 8/12

2010 Westfield SEiW 2.0 Zetec (SDV) 9/12

2010 Westfield SEiW 2.0 Zetec (SDV) 7/12

Build folder with receipts, paperwork and photo's
Westfield hood and doors (not fitted to bodywork)
Walker St Clair cockpit cover

2010 Westfield SEiW 2.0 Zetec (SDV) 12/12

When I collected it from the previous owner I dropped it straight off at Northampton Motorsport who serviced it (coolant, brake fluid, oil + filters), replaced the cambelt, diagnosed and repaired a leak in the plenum chamber and finally aligned the wheels and suspension.

After I had a slight mishap on my first day of commuting, I instructed Northampton Motorsport to upgrade the engine mounts with stiffer race versions, shorten the sump and to install a Retro-Ford water manifold.

2010 Westfield SEiW 2.0 Zetec (SDV) 5/12

Why I'm selling:

Despite my wife's objections, I was convinced that I needed a Westfield to do my daily 80 miles commute in. Reality of the great British weather however has now kicked in and it's just not the right car for the job. Time to sell and move on!

Viewings can be arranged at any time by email (q @ awooga.nl), phone (07971 125839) or text message. The car is kept in the garage on a battery conditioner and is always kept topped up ready to be used. I may consider a part exchange, but to be honest, I'm not quite sure yet where to go from here, so please do not be disappointed if I turn your offer down.

Q.

have you sold it Q - or did you drive it to work today and see sense to keep it ??  :d

• Like 1

Been out in my rough running Westy 3 times on school run & a blat out this week Quinten.. you know you want to keep it!

• Like 1

Been driving it a few times now to work, including today... Have to admit that now the days are a bit longer it's a lot more palatable :)

Keep it, and buy a cheep runaround for the rainy days and check the weather forecast. Simples :-) . Running a Westfield and a runaround can be cheaper than a newish car by a long shot. And a lot more smiles per mile

I"ll be making my first 60 mile round trip to work soon Quinten - car hassles and weather have stopped it but once I start i'll be doing it often. 1.4 polo tdi rest of time 88mpg n snooze drive to work!

KEEP IT!!!

Could Quinten be for turning ;) .    As you bought your car in the worst possible weather you haven't had the opportunity to really enjoy the warmer sunny days.  I think you should hold on to it till Spring at least and buy a cheapo runabout for nasty weather commuting.   Just think of Rockingham track beckoning you :westy:

I agree with everyone else - see how you feel after using it in the summer. Those summer blats to and from work with have you itching for winter to pass each year ;) get a cheap runaround for to see you through

you know it makes sense :cool:  :westy:  :westy:  :westy:

Unfortunately, there is no budget for another car.  Unless I win tonight's euromillions... ;)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.