Touring Car Legends

WestyNottm

Enjoyed that, filled in quite a lots of the gaps for me in the 70s. Capris looked awsome.

Really enjoyed the program and look forward to watching the rest of the series.

To all those that missed last nights episode, it is available on ITV Player

Yeah was good, interesting stories from before my time :) I remember the 90's Volvo estates and BMW E36's from when my dad used to take me so think I will find it even more interesting then :)

A Great watch , enjoyed the programme but thought there where some huge gaps , where was Gerry Marshal ? ( hardly got a mention)  & Bill Bliedenstien ? (none at all ) dont recall Alan Mann being mentioned either but maybe there saving the best till later . :)

I remember watching Jim Clark and Graham Hill in the works Lotus Cortinas at Oulton Park. Going through Old Hall with the inside front wheel at least a foot off the ground. I'm not exaggerating. just an unforgettable sight. :o  :o  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

I remember watching Jim Clark and Graham Hill in the works Lotus Cortinas at Oulton Park. Going through Old Hall with the inside front wheel at least a foot off the ground. I'm not exaggerating. just an unforgettable sight. :o  :o  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

One of my abiding memories too - but from Snetterton.  Jim Clark was going past everything but had time and confidence with front inside wheel well off the ground to tap on his rear view mirror to remind a Ford Galaxie driver to use his mirrors  :laugh:  :laugh:

My memory of Jim Clark was from Brands on the day of the Daily Mail Race of the Champions in (I think) 1965. He was driving a Lotus Cortina in a supporting race and as he came round the GP circuit a wheel came away from his car and he ground to an ignominious halt in front of Mrs Clapham (then still a Miss) and me. He walked off muttering under his breath...  :cry:

I thought it was excellent. 

It has to rely on available footage, and the people they can get hold of, like Sears, Whitmore, Spice, Rouse, even Cleland, plus, of course, Murray Walker, so there were big gaps

This episode covered almost all the bits up to 'my era' of BTCC. Just the Sierra vs M3 bit and I'm right in my happy Super touring era! It did feature Steve Soper, my all time fav touring car driver.

Good programe, always liked Steve Soper. Remember him being interviewed  once when he was asked what is was like to be the best driver there. He answered that he was not the best driver. There may be many in the crowd who would be better than me if given the chances I have had. It set him apart from others egotistical view of themselves.

At our Motor Club, Vince Woodman who lives local to Bristol where he has a business, gave a talk. Here was a little old man who still instructs for BMW and watching films of his racing against the likes of Spice and Roush, he could make his Capri dance around. It was a much more gentlemanly times where racing did not involve deliberatly nudging each other of the track.

That all started when Clealand and co began racing.

Caught the last 20 min. hope that it will be repeated.

Brought back a load of memories. Great days before all the shunting stuff.

For those that missed it, it's available on itvplayer. Well worth a look.