Race Retro Show 21-23 Feb, Stoneleigh

KugaWestie

I will be on the lookout for a trackday helmet

This is beginning to sound like the makings of a plan coming together :yes: :yes:

i'm on the lookout for anything chrome and shiny :d

I think PlaysKool have a stand there and they sell very good value Snell 2010/FIA rated helmets (http://plays-kool.co.uk/acatalog/Full_Face_Helmets-1.html) which are excellent value and very comfortable.

I will be there on Saturday or Sunday - not sure which yet.

i'm on the lookout for anything chrome and shiny :d

No surprise there then :)

I am looking forward to meeting up strolling round the show

I think PlaysKool have a stand there and they sell very good value Snell 2010/FIA rated helmets (http://plays-kool.co.uk/acatalog/Full_Face_Helmets-1.html) which are excellent value and very comfortable.

I will be there on Saturday or Sunday - not sure which yet.

Thanks Paul.

I will be paying Luke a visit

I went last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. The group B rally cars on the short stage was great to see and hear.

Definately back this year but with the amount of rain we have had, the car parking areas (fields) could well be a mud bath.

I'll be there all 3 days, look me up on the BMMC Marshals stand. Been the last 4 years wouldn't miss it. Ask for Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back home.

Thought it was a decent show with lots to see

Managed to pick up a couple of bits for the Westy as well

What a great day :t-up: I really could have done with having an extra day :oops:

I didn't buy much; just a couple of magazines, some old race programs and a die-cast model, but progress on the JW4 should now be moving forward thanks to several conversations with various people including the owner of one F4 car which was on display at the show. i've also got a few new leads to follow and some phone numbers to call :cool:

It was also good to catch up for a chat with Russ and Simon from Westfield and several from the WSCC :)

Sounds like it lived up to expectations - much more interesting imho than the last autosport show i went to.

Sounds like it lived up to expectations - much more interesting imho than the last autosport show i went to.

for me definately. I'd read some quite negative reviews of previous years on other forums in the run up to the show but my experience was quite different.

I arrived when the doors opened and was left when I was kicked out at the end of the day. Given the chance I would have spent longer looking around the halls but time was against me after it took me 3 hours just to make it around hall 2. By the time I made it to hall 4 I was a bit disappointed that some of the autojumble traders were already sheeting up their stands for the evening even though there was still 2hours to go till closing. It just meant they missed out on a few sales to me as I went elsewhere.

It was great to catch up with Simon and Russ on the Westfield Stand, I had but the briefest hello to Luke and Richard on the Playskool stand as I wizzed by and talked for hours to the various clubs, exhibitors and traders.