Contralube

KugaWestie

Anyone bought any lately?

A quick search of the Bay shows nothing.........so where is the best/cheapest place to get a tube?

Footnote - will SteveD be the first to reply? :laugh:

Last tube I bought is still going strong, you need so little, it seems to really go a long way.

Booo, where is SteveD :p

Where did you get it Dave?

Mind you, with a whole wiring loom to fit, it's about to get some hammer!

I can't remember, but it wasn't eBay, which probably means I didn't find any on the 'Bay back then, either.

Just found the invoice, I paid £8.75 from Extreme Auto Accessories last April, via Amazon.

£14.50 + £3.75P&P from AES is all I have found so far

I looked on their website and could only see a small sachet?

I looked on their website and could only see a small sachet?

likewise, but 3 sachets from Maplin are equivalent in volume to one tube from AES and works out at the same price :)

No stock anywhere within a 25 mile radius  :down:

It seems Contralube is becoming a little hard to get with only a few places showing stock; Gary I checked our local Maplin stores and they show out of stock here too.

Having a look online, I came across a similar product from uk.rs-online, would this be a suitable alternative?  Link

What's Contralube?    Should I be using it?  Do I need it?

It is a magic grease for putting in electrical contacts. Keeps out moisture and stops plugs and sockets corroding, reducing the risk of weird electrical gremlins. As championed on this forum by Cerrioli, who used it on his year round long distance driving Westfield. Very good for electrics in harsh environments, like cars and boats.

I bought a tube via Ebay recently. They do come up every so often. It will probably last me the rest of my life! Done all the plugs in the engine bay. I'll move on to the dash board soon. There are two sorts. The best for us is Contralube 770. A quick Google will give you their web site and all the info.

Do you need it? If you use the car all year round, then it could well help. If just on dry summer days and stored in a dry garage, then probably not.

Jen