not good

SteveD

Wow. Where do you start, apart from with a crusher.

yup thats a westfield thats been cobbled more than once ,i will not mention the owner or the car details as the owner bought it like this  ,i just posted it because its not far of the worse i have seen everything i look at has been cobbled together its just shocking ,its a wonder its not snapped in half or gone up in flames

I'm no expert but I'm sure there is an easier way of raising the rear of your car.

• Like 1

Back to the drawing board on that one...what goes thru the mind of these people?

Back to the drawing board on that one...what goes thru the mind of these people?

not a lot wuv , i'll post some pics of the worst bits tomorrow evening ,you should see the engine and gearbox mounts and wiring ,the engine block has had bosses welded onto it for the engine mounts

My god that standard of welding on those chassis points its amazing no-one got killed by that car!

Hope their pockets are deep to pay for the corrective work!!

Coming along nicely that one wuv . A bit more practice on the mig and some more liberal use of sikaflex and your there. :p

The seat belt mount is a corker, just like the one that failed during an impact at Pembrey a few years back, thankfully no harm done at the time.

I like the sound of bosses welded to the block for engine mounts...cast iron welding..or is it ali blocked :suspect:  

cast block wuv

20140114_165804_zps9d3b3f18.jpg

tunnel braces held in with bent alloy and rivets and that frame is  just riveted on top of the origonal frame

20140114_165815_zps5dd225b0.jpg