black and decker

SteveD

I have had a small bosh  drill/screwdriver for about 5 years now ,its a small hand held one without the battery pack on the bottom (just looks like a air drill) its rechargeable and is really chunky and feels heavy like it will take abuse its brilliant for working on westfields and elises etc as its great for getting in small places ,it has done some serious work over the years and had real abuse while I was getting up and running here to ,

but its getting a little tired now the charge does not last as long so I asked bev for a new one for Christmas

she bought me a black and decker  but jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez it feels like a piece of crap its cheap infact very cheap plastic and the chuck looks and feels cheap to, to the extent it looks like a kids toy seriously even the details on it look like a toy

no where near as good as my last drill/screwdriver ,are they all like this now

it looks like it will shatter if I drop it

• Like 1

Steve,

If you can get to the battery pack, and it's an older NiCad pack then Google for the phrase

NiCad regenerate welding set

I've NOT tried this but some on the web say it works. If it's shot and is due for the bit it can't do much more damage.

black and decker are just awful i wouldnt have any of their power tools. they would all look at home on the shelf in the early learning center

I must admit to liking Makita stuff.

They do suck you in these days though, once you buy one thing it just makes sense to buy them all so you can share / swap batteries / chargers. Or even buy tool only as li-ion batteries cost more than the tools.

So to answer you, no I don't think they're all the same.

20131231_113651_zps59e134f4.jpg

good gun

****e one

20131231_113700_zpse479d49d.jpg

I've always liked bosch tools I bought a battery drill / screwdriver it came with 2 batteries so you can charge whilst still working.

I've had it for over 10 years now and only one battery is starting to wear.

Fantastic piece of kit. I will miss it when it finally packs in.